Your Ad Could Be Here

Tara-Lynn = X-Factor Contestant (Australia)

Hi there everyone. :)

My name is Tara-Lynn Sharrock. Though I have dabbled in songwriting, I am first and foremost a self-taught vocalist.

My genre is pretty much everything, but my strengths are the big power ballads - and/or country style music.

I'm not currently attached to any management or agent, so I'm trying to get out there myself.

I'm working on an original song, written for me by Pete Briquette of the Boom Town Rats ('I Don't Like Mondays'), but of course I'd love to try and get some more original material from perhaps anyone who is interested. :)

My youtube channel is: http://youtube.com/taralynnsharrock There you can find a few of my covers. I'd say the songs that best categorize my voice/interests are  You'll See, the Madonna cover, and The Greatest Love Of All - Whitney Houston Cover. I also auditioned for X-Factor Australia 2011, though it isn't my best performance.

I look forward to chatting with everyone and maybe making some new music connections! :)

• Like 1

QUESTIONAIRE:

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments?

I'm a singer/vocalist, and I play keyboard/piano by ear.

2. Are you in a band or bands?

I was the lead singer of a Top 40s rock band, Dash Rope, for a year, playing gigs in pubs in southwest Victoria.

I'm not currently in a band.

3. Do you write songs?

I write down lyrics here and there, but nothing has culminated in a full-fledged song. Yet. ;)

4. Do you record your music?

Yes. I have a USB Pro Tools microphone, as well as Avid Pro Tools SE, a midi keyboard, and Cakewalk Home Studio 2002.

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business?

None at the moment.

6. Are you a tech head?

I'd say so. :P

7. What are your ambitions?

I'd love to be 'famous'--not to BE famous, but to be able to tour the world, sharing my songs and music with everyone.

8. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit?

I am a freelance artist--so I draw: http://kaiverta.deviantart.com

9. What would you like to get out of Songstuff?

• Like 1

Hi guys. Thanks all for the warm welcome. I'm already enjoying my time here at the forums. :)

HoboSage - Thanks for your compliments. <3 For the most part, those people who were giving me negative comments (on my X-Factor audition, anyway) were right. I was at about fifty percent health/capacity during the audition so it's nowhere near my best. They're hearing what I sang and that's fine. :)

Hey Tara

Welcomed to Songstuff!

We (Songstuff) were planning on acting as an intermediary between YouTube Artists and Songstuff writers. As you will have seen we have loads.

The idea is pretty simple. We provide a contract for both parties to sign. The writer maintains all rights, they license the performer to use the song.

The license is fairly simple. The artist would get to use the song on YouTube and a promo tool, and even to earn money from via advertising.... The cost is simple. Attribution. The Performer must provide attribution in the video and on the page text, along the lines of the copyright statement, written by writers name(s) and a link to their profile on Songstuff, plus a thank you to Songstuff.com. If you promote using Vimeo or similar I am sure that could be accommodated.

If you move to a commercial release of any kind, then the contract would fall under standard commercial terms with the artist either acting as their own publisher, using a 3rd party publisher, or using Songstuff as their publisher (depending on the writer's preference).

Would that be of interest to you? It is fairly early days , though we could easily kick it into shape a few days. We have draft contracts and licenses and we have quite a few writers interested in taking part... And I am sure there will be many more once we get going.

Whatcha fink?

Hey Tara

Welcomed to Songstuff!

We (Songstuff) were planning on acting as an intermediary between YouTube Artists and Songstuff writers. As you will have seen we have loads.

The idea is pretty simple. We provide a contract for both parties to sign. The writer maintains all rights, they license the performer to use the song.

The license is fairly simple. The artist would get to use the song on YouTube and a promo tool, and even to earn money from via advertising.... The cost is simple. Attribution. The Performer must provide attribution in the video and on the page text, along the lines of the copyright statement, written by writers name(s) and a link to their profile on Songstuff, plus a thank you to Songstuff.com. If you promote using Vimeo or similar I am sure that could be accommodated.

If you move to a commercial release of any kind, then the contract would fall under standard commercial terms with the artist either acting as their own publisher, using a 3rd party publisher, or using Songstuff as their publisher (depending on the writer's preference).

Would that be of interest to you? It is fairly early days , though we could easily kick it into shape a few days. We have draft contracts and licenses and we have quite a few writers interested in taking part... And I am sure there will be many more once we get going.

Whatcha fink?

Hi there. Thanks! :)

I'm not quiiite sure I follow what you're offering/suggesting?