Your Ad Could Be Here

Hello from a Late starter

bellsie

• Noob

Hi - I've been playing music most of my life, mostly in cover bands but for a while in the 90s I was into traditional Celtic stuff and wrote a few tunes for accordion / fiddle / mandolin and played in a few ceilidh bands. Started writing my own songs when  I turned 60 and found a bass player and a drummer to form a 3 piece, Doghaus. The songs can be loosely described as "alternative" in style but have elements of roots, rock and blues. I sing the vocals, play acoustic and electric guitars and have added other stuff to the recordings, like accordion and mandolin. This was the first band I had ever attempted lead vocals and it was a steep learning curve! We have played round the Inverness area for a couple of years but it's getting harder to get gigs are there aren't that many venues who want original stuff, it's mostly pubs looking for cover bands. All of us have been there and got the tee shirt when it comes to doing weekends away or overnights for gigs and don't want to go there again, so that is also a limiting factor. To be realistic, at this end of the spectrum we're not expecting too much, just happy enough if people like the music. We have recorded about 8 original songs to date, find them on Reverbnation to Soundcloud. (soundcloud.com/doghaus-2). We are also on Facebook ( look for Doghaus Inverness - there is another Doghaus in the US who are a heavy metal band but we've never heard of them either)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...