Your Ad Could Be Here

Rap Freestyle Critique

Tjbenz

Ever wonder why nobody's commenting on your tunes? There are some guidelines here for the give-and-take of posting songs and critiques. Here you go:

We rely upon ALL members making an effort to critique.  Please Note:

• Members are more likely to help those who also offer critique. 
  • We were ALL new to critique! Lack of experience is no excuse. Even if English is not your primary language.
  • Support ACTIVE posters
  • Encourage new members to take part in our forums in a positive way.
  • Offering critique: 
    • Is vital for a healthy community
    • Gives both writers and those offering critique a long list of benefits
  • Members must own the rights to any works posted
  • Read these two posts: 
Edited by Just1L
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tjbenz said:

Any feedback? Thanks

I think this would be best in the performance section because, being freestyle, I'm not sure it's a 'song', more of a show of ability? This part of the forum is really for critiquing 'songs'. Still, if you are active and comment on other people's work here, you'll likely get more feedback yourself here.

I thought you did it well, and since I've never tried I don't think I could suggest anything to improve it. For my taste I'd prefer to hear you do it in a song structure rather than freestyle, but that's just me.

Also, you have this video up as a completed thing, with already a lot of views and comments...so I'm guessing you don't plan to change this. I expect you're looking for critique on your skills with a view to future performances? 

• Like 1

I enjoyed this, you had some clever lines and a decent flow -- it's not dropping any jaws, but pretty darn solid for a freestyle. I think you could work on your delivery, as it is, some words get lost in your mouth, and I could've done with a bit more attitude and swagger. But this makes me curious to check out a written song from you 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gardengnome26 said:

I enjoyed this, you had some clever lines and a decent flow -- it's not dropping any jaws, but pretty darn solid for a freestyle. I think you could work on your delivery, as it is, some words get lost in your mouth, and I could've done with a bit more attitude and swagger. But this makes me curious to check out a written song from you 

Thanks for the feedback, I'll try to work on my delivery!

7 hours ago, ALOPRODUCTIONZ said:

you u got a nice flow but your lyrics  need some improvement, they need to be better structured and remain to a topic not just random rhyming sentences

Thank you for the feedback! I was given random words to rap about through the headphones so that's why the sentences are so random lol.

As a raper myself, this went hard... especially for a freestyle.

You sounded confident, but at times your flow went a bit off like at 1:21 but given that it's a freestyle that's understandable. The wordplay and backwards rap was really cool quite unique. Overall I thought it was great, I listened to it a couple times just because i thought you went in aha. Nice work man

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Beant Singh said:

As a raper myself, this went hard... especially for a freestyle.

You sounded confident, but at times your flow went a bit off like at 1:21 but given that it's a freestyle that's understandable. The wordplay and backwards rap was really cool quite unique. Overall I thought it was great, I listened to it a couple times just because i thought you went in aha. Nice work man

Thanks man I appreciate the feedback! If you ever have any song you want critiqued or just listened to just let me know.

• Like 1

Your Ad Could Be Here

• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $1,040

Important Information

By continuing to use our site you indicate acceptance of our Terms Of Service: Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy: Privacy Policy, our Community Guidelines: Guidelines and our use of Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.