Your Ad Could Be Here

Fantasy Instruments

I've been thinking of mine for some years, now. It's a glove which reacts to the different stuff you do with your hand - like tapping on a table or on back on the glove again. That's the simple version. With two gloves, a breath controller and an option for VR - with a complete 3d program, you could construct some pretty cool and groundbreaking stuff (a lot of groundbreaking ugly stuff too, I imagine ...).

I've got one of those... 8)

:D

I guess that the most common fantasy instrument is the "mind helmet" that translates what you imagine direct to the audience... I want one of those,

the only drawback may be that if you loose your concentration the audience could hear "oh god!! look at the read head on the second row!!!..." or something like that :D

:D:D:D I can see that might be embarrasing during a performance! I daresay this will happen one day! I wonder, if this innovation should come about, how long before instruments become completely obsolete? :-/

If Gorillaz have their way the whole feckin thing will be virtual, including the performer.

How much 'professional new music' have you heard in the last 10 years?

Loads and loads.

john Posted Yesterday, 08:01 AM

If Gorillaz have their way the whole feckin thing will be virtual, including the performer.

lol.... but unfortunatly true

:( but theres one song of thiers i like so i guess im just promoting this type of music :(

Lazz Posted Today, 04:08 PM

Loads and loads.

i also have heard quite a bit of good music... thou i do see it slowly dwindeling away :(

Hey

Years ago music was recorded by people who could play (almost always :) ), then along came samplers and midi. All of a sudden those with an ear (ahem) and patience could write and record songs, and so electronic music had really arrived.

You can now get primative algorhythmic song writers. Pretty soon cubase or sonar will have a composer plug in (I bet you). You'll pick the style, and the speed and the software will do everything else, including the vocals!

Scary.

Cheers

John