Your Ad Could Be Here

• Noob

Hi. my new year resolution is to create an album with guitarists all over the world, I play bass and can program drums. Ive posted about this before and had some people send me messages but they seem to lose interest after a while. I know this sort of thing happens because I've seen in on Bedroom Bands (https://www.reddit.com/r/BedroomBands) and some other places. Do you think myidea is stupid?

1 hour ago, Bassboy12354 said:

Hi. my new year resolution is to create an album with guitarists all over the world, I play bass and can program drums. Ive posted about this before and had some people send me messages but they seem to lose interest after a while. I know this sort of thing happens because I've seen in on Bedroom Bands (https://www.reddit.com/r/BedroomBands) and some other places. Do you think myidea is stupid?

No, but you have to be organised and active. Ideas like this have a shelf life (as you have discovered). You have to strike while the iron is hot. Best done when you already have drum and bass sections done so you can quickly create.

3 hours ago, Bassboy12354 said:

Thank you. Glad you don't think it's stupid lol. I will try posting my idea on bedroom Bands then. People over there seem pretty serious about making music :)

Yes, do that. People on this forum don't really seem to be serious about their music. ;)

Not a bad or stupid idea though. I agree with John you should really have everything lined up so you can immediately send them tracks to start playing on. If someone says they'll do it and then have to wait a while to start something, they'll probably lose interest or think you weren't all that serious or prepared to do it.

• 5 months later...

Doesn't sound stupid at all. If you got friends all over the world that are adept at guitar you could be able to get them to send you some recordings through the net.

On 1/31/2018 at 2:01 PM, Bassboy12354 said:

Yes.

Furthermore, I think it odd that you should join a forum just to ask this question. Unless of course your real purpose is to get guitarists to volunteer, or to promote another website. If so why not just be open about it? That would be more respectful.

People resent being manipulated.

• 1 month later...

Archived