Your Ad Could Be Here

Working Together

I Hey

Trying to make a dent on social media on your own is very, very hard. Close to impossible. All the more so when you would prefer to use your time for making music.

The best way to make progress is to join a network of people you can work together with to promote each other’s music and other activities.

If you are completely new to Twitter you will need to build your initial audience. I will post some strategies on how to do this on a separate topic.

As general guidelines for members of the Twitter:

• Follow each other
  • Activity is essential, so be active
  • Post 8 times a day
    • 1 new posts
    • 2 comments (no quotes)
    • 2 retweets
    • 3 quoted posts
  • Like loads
  • Use trending hashtags and use Twitter collective hashtags
  • Mention other collective members regularly
  • Use Twitter to have conversations with other musicians, especially Twitter collective members, all about music and how to make music.
  • Plan “campaigns”
    • arrange with other Twitter collective to be online on specific days, even specific times, to start collective actions.

Make extra effort to share, quote and interact with other twitter collective members.

Regularly mention @Songstuff.

Here are some twitter users to follow (their member name here, if they have one, in parenthesis):

@john_moxey - @john

@MXYMusician

@Guitarman_2016

@Jigsaw_Sequence @Richard Tracey

@MaheshOnMusic @Mahesh

@LisaGgates - @Lisa Gates

@JennDollMusic - @Jenn

Please add your Twitter handle below. Follow the list above, then make a post mentioning the members you add, plus Songstuff and #twittercollective. 

Songstuff members I think should be on this list would be @Peggy, @The S @Geraint @Pahchisme Plaid @Sreyashi Mukherjee

You can can imagine if we get 30 twitter users working together that their reach can be very big and the impact far more significant than what you could achieve as an individual.

Success for any member, with anything going viral, is success for us all. We will all benefit.

So take it seriously and try, just try.

@GeraintLuff

I keep it separate from my personal one, but that seems to mean I don't post as much because I try to keep it music-related instead of just posting whatever nonsense entertains me.

28 minutes ago, Geraint said:

@GeraintLuff

I keep it separate from my personal one, but that seems to mean I don't post as much because I try to keep it music-related instead of just posting whatever nonsense entertains me.

Keeping is separate is a good idea. That said, you should consider keeping it active by not just talking of your own music and it’s development, but also talk about writing songs, Music you listen to and your view on it, and of course the music of and your interactions with your musical friends, and eventually your fans. It is far better to have an ACTIVE twitter. Make 8 posts a day. Only 2 a day should be about your music.

There is more to it than that, but it is a good start.

Chris Janson just retweeted me! Oh yeah! I'm getting it done :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have followed everyone who has posted their handle and those others I knew, from my own account, my own music accounts and Songstuff.

Have you guys done the same?

Archived