Your Ad Could Be Here

hello hello- i'm new here.

kahirah

i pretty much typed up my introduction for my profile, so i'll just copy and paste that here!

i am an 18 year old college student living in florida. 

i've had a love of writing since i was 4 years old, and the love for music came after joining my first choir in kindergarten. 

my tastes in music have expanded through out the years, and likewise my voice is always changing. there was a time i wanted to do screamo rock, no joke. i practiced it for what felt like forever, and just as i got it- my voice did a 180 and said nope to that. it wasn't that heartbreaking though, because as my voice changed, so did my music style and aesthetic. 

my voice is on the softer side and lower range. my friends tell me that i sound like an indie singer, and one time i've been told i sound like oohyo (though i am not worthy) so if you ask i'll classify my style as indie. i love all kinds of music (mostly), but the style of music i like to sing is lofi pop, industrial pop, and 80s/90s pop. i may branch out in the future as i become more comfortable with my voice, but this is my aesthetic haha

i'm not the strongest singer, and definitely not the best. honestly, i wouldn't even classify myself with the "good" singers. but music is one of my passions and i love it. i love to write lyrics and i love to sing. so, i'm working hard to improve my skills everyday!

i really would like to find a producer who can make beats/instrumentals for me to write lyrics to. unfortunately i have no money to pay, being a broke college kid, so i pray someone would like to do this out of the goodness of their hearts haha. i try to use the ones ones on youtube, but i can never find one that quite fits my singing style and it feels weird writing to something that a bunch of people have already heard. 

so if you're interested in a collab then hit me up! i have a scarlett 212 studio recording set that i have yet to use.

okok that's all for now-

1 hour ago, Capo3tanya said:

Nice to meet you kahirah, I'm new here myself and I am so happy I joined!  There's a whole lot of talent here, good luck and happy music making!

thank you for the welcome! i hope to meet a lot of nice people here 🙂

• 1 month later...

It's nice to "meet" you! I'm new here, and I can definitely relate to your post. I, too, love music and love to sing and write lyrics, but I can't play any instruments and I am not the greatest singer. Like you,  my voice is softer and lower in range (indie-esque), though I classify myself more in the alt-country/country folk arena. Good luck with your music-making!

• Like 2