Your Ad Could Be Here

My name is STFilmmaker, but my music name is STMusician.  I am an amateur filmmaker, reviewer, defictionalizer (finding the truth in fiction), author, cartoonist and musician.  While I have many tastes in music, my styles are often between Synthesizer, Orchestral and Chiptune. With the themes going from whimsical, to spiritual, to downright somber depending on the song.  As for why I do my own music. Mainly two reasons. The first being that one of my main inspirations is John Carpenter.  Who was known for writing his own music in his movies. And two, doing what I can to get a budget to make a festival worthy movie. 

This is my main site, where I promote my music, music videos and allow space for ads, affiliates and reviews.

CIEIR Music

Or if you want to go straight to the music, I promote it mostly on Bandcamp.

STMusician's Bandcamp

Now I don't expect you all to like my music, as like many styles it's  not for everyone, but I do expect to hear what many think of it good or bad. Other than that enjoy.

Hi Shane you sound like an interesting person! 

Ooo I also love film scores. I love the music from The Abyss, did John Carpenter write that? Also love the music from Aliens. Ooo and Hans Zimmer, he's awesome! If there is a movie playing in the background I can usually tell what it is by the music. Ooo also requiem for a dream score, that's so good. And the music from Starman I LOVE that.  Anyway lol awesome I will check out your stuff for sure!

Thank you.

Actually the Abyss was Alan Silvestri. Same guy that wrote Back To The Future, Captain America, The Avengers and Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Aliens was the late James Horner. Carpenter was Halloween, Escape From New York and Assault on Precinct 13 to name a few. He's currently doing a redux of his old Halloween Theme for the new movie. His work is mostly synth or guitar heavy stuff, the former of which I like the best. While the latter could tie in with his obsession with Westerns.

Hey SHane

Welcome to the Songstuff family! I've always fancied trying my hand at making a film. I've made plenty videos, and even enjoy working with special effects and animation. Some of the tasks are very similar to using a DAW. Good fun, if a bit computing intensive. That's probably one of the main reasons I haven't done more. My computer is ok for audio tasks but for video, render time is restrictive. Oh well. Another time!

Good to meet you!

Likewise. I pretty much started out that way, doing a few videos and what not.  Nowadays I am focused entirely on my music work.

Now there is something I'd like to ask. I notice you have a critique section in your forum. Is there a subsection there, where I can post my songs for others to critique?

Update: Nevermind I found it.

Archived