Your Ad Could Be Here

Are you interested in learning about music marketing via challenges?

20 hours ago, Patchez said:

Not to beat a dead horse with a dead mule ;) but... people, they just don't listen... or get me sometimes :)  

If I ever happen to "record" anything, that looks "like a record", it's purely by accident. 

Bottom line, there is NO fan base for me since Busking is now dangerous to do (need to pack a .38 special to defend your corner), coffee houses don't do that any more, and "open mics"..., well, I just can't compete with the stunningly beautiful man in drag and glitter doing Donna Somer, followed by me and "Millenial Child" ;) so to speak... (no matter what the own says... no, not until we get our own Originals Only Night). 

-- For "busking" ? -- scheit... good has nothing to do with it, -- entertainment and fun engagement with folks looking for fun on their vacation... that's the good of it, off key or not... horse facing it around and making folks lost for 5 mins with you as lightening rod, -- that's "good", better than good.

-- For "Record" .... well, when you find an expert who can explain that, "in the moment" of the time of the Top 100, please, let me know, ---- I'm sure I can punch some 2020 hind sight holes in it, but, you never know, -- I would love to be wrong. However, even in the past times... they artist HAD a following, then got exploited... easy videomentuaries, ... Kansas, Doobie Brothers... "CBGB's", Hendrix... if can find a "real one"... ah, Van Halen (had 3000 "followers" and then got signed, but only after playing Back Yards for a long time... family of musicians too.)... -- no "Producer" ever took an "original" talent and then made them a "star". They made copies, after, but not prior to the Niche ID'd. 

-- Cheers, my first "heat stroke from painting the back porch this fine HOT day, ---- has passed, so gotta go"  :)  Maybe we have some of that hand of God Sahara air up here, who knows... normally I LOVE the heat, never fell "sick", but, not today, or yesterday, ooohhh boy! 🥴

Happy accidents do happen :) 

Some places you can still safely busk, but better get the city permits first!......pretty much a self-defeating purpose, and those that do go that route are usually just doing it because they think its "artsy" and have something to put on their instafaceagramtube page.  

Funny conversation the other day about performing......I vowed never to again unless wearing breakaway pants and a sequined thong underneath in case things weren't going so well hahahah, places I'm usually at it would go from bad to get the hell out in a hurry hahah.  

Buddy Guy tells a story about not being able to play "his" music anywhere, other than small venues,  even when he was in the studio pressing albums/playing guitar for others,  until Clapton and the Creme boys cited him as an influence in their album, then Buddy was allowed to play whatever he wanted hahah, he thanks THEM now.  

Hope you enjoyed porch painting! I was getting drunk and blowing things up all day :) managed to keep all my fingers!

Ok, so to clarify:

Ok so we have 3 so far:

@Cody

@Danidog

@Peggy

Possibly:

@Richard Watashi

@Mahesh

@geographyhorse

Challenge Voyeur:

@Patchez

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, john said:

Ok, so to clarify:

Ok so we have 3 so far:

@Cody

@Danidog

@Peggy

Possibly:

@Richard Watashi

@Mahesh

@geographyhorse

Challenge Voyeur:

@Patchez

@john

depending on my resources, I'll give it a whirl. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, john said:

Challenge Voyeur:

@Patchez

Sounds ominous and dirty, but my new name for him :) hahaha

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cody said:

Sounds ominous and dirty, but my new name for him :) hahaha

Use that name in the hope it would stick? Me? Of course not! Mwuahahahaha :yahoo:

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Man, I know it's been a while since you posted this topic, but are the challenges still ongoing? Because I would love to participate! 😃

Building a fanbase shouldn't be too difficult, right? I mean, I have some fans in my country, but I've realized that it mostly involves people I know. By relying on them to share things through social media and other channels, you can reach potential new listeners. And it does work, but I feel like it's somewhat limited to the circles of people I know. I've found myself trying to fit into their musical preferences, which can be creatively restricting.

So, I've decided to try a new approach in releasing cover songs, hoping to connect with people who share a similar taste in music without relying solely on my friends who already like my music. I've set myself a challenge to release one song per week, where I handle everything myself—from production and mixing to performing. I believe I can do it if I dedicate enough time and effort.

So yeah, I'm all about challenges, and if this one is still active, count me in! (Or let me know if you have any other ideas in mind—I'm always up for a challenge!) 😃

Cheers,

Mile

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mile Mandic said:

Man, I know it's been a while since you posted this topic, but are the challenges still ongoing? Because I would love to participate! 😃

Building a fanbase shouldn't be too difficult, right? I mean, I have some fans in my country, but I've realized that it mostly involves people I know. By relying on them to share things through social media and other channels, you can reach potential new listeners. And it does work, but I feel like it's somewhat limited to the circles of people I know. I've found myself trying to fit into their musical preferences, which can be creatively restricting.

So, I've decided to try a new approach in releasing cover songs, hoping to connect with people who share a similar taste in music without relying solely on my friends who already like my music. I've set myself a challenge to release one song per week, where I handle everything myself—from production and mixing to performing. I believe I can do it if I dedicate enough time and effort.

So yeah, I'm all about challenges, and if this one is still active, count me in! (Or let me know if you have any other ideas in mind—I'm always up for a challenge!) 😃

Cheers,

Mile

I am happy to run challenges where people are interested in doing them. :)

I will post up some new challenges. Knowing more about you, where you are and what your goals are, I can certainly devise challenges to test you and move you forward.

It’s usually better to get a few people involved as a little competition can add fuel, plus some challenges are collaborative in nature.

We can start at the beginning and grow from there, see if we can recruit a few more people to take part.

I’ll also post some discussion topics in the music marketing club. :)

How does that sound?

2 hours ago, john said:

I am happy to run challenges where people are interested in doing them. :)

I will post up some new challenges. Knowing more about you, where you are and what your goals are, I can certainly devise challenges to test you and move you forward.

It’s usually better to get a few people involved as a little competition can add fuel, plus some challenges are collaborative in nature.

We can start at the beginning and grow from there, see if we can recruit a few more people to take part.

I’ll also post some discussion topics in the music marketing club. :)

How does that sound?

That sounds great! 👌

I agree that involving a group of people would be fantastic. I hope that the community here would be interested in participating in them at this moment.

I'll be keeping a close eye on the new topics and challenges. 🤓

Cheers,

Mile