Your Ad Could Be Here

What's your favorite genre?

• Noob

Hello, I'm Andrey and I'm a musician named IHOS. I was wondering what kind of music do you prefer to listen to? 

I've been into music for since I remember myself and I've got plenty of music producers (various genres) I enjoy listening to. So I find it pretty interesting if we share our favorite genres and music producers we love so that we could know something new for each of us, couldn't we? ) 

By the way if you're interested in Hard Techno genre, I collect great ones into my Spotify Playlists (the link is HERE). There are over 100 powerful tracks 😃 Click Like for a chance to listen to the latest tracks I will add 😃 That's not an AD or something, just in case maybe you'll really like it, why not 😃

Anyway I'll be waiting for the discussion about all this stuff. That's pretty interesting to know)

Have a good day to all of you!

• Confused 1

Oh boy, I love all sorts of music, often for different reasons. Picking one genre is so difficult!

I make all sorts of music for just that reason. I think despite my love for music tech, and the crunch of guitar…. I would have to pick classical piano. For me emotional expression is everything. Sure, expression is in every instrument. Electronica and orchestral are both capable of those all encompassing soundscapes I also love, but for the simplicity of a single instrument that can give voice to the soul, it has to be piano. Classical is  also a very broad range.

If I were to keep out of classical, it would most likely be chill out.

• Like 1

• Noob
8 hours ago, VoiceEx said:

Oh my! well I do like me some Hard Techno and powerful songs. But what I like ever more, is having a chance to let someone else pick songs for me. Hey, wanna check out MY Media Player playlist?! if you Click a Like on my comment right now you`ll even get a chance to move my mouse FOR me! you could make the cursor dance all over the screen, and everything! technology is a wonderful thing, this can be done 😅

Sorry... I... couldn't resist 😂

ahah what? You're really serious man? lol "click like" THE PLAYLIST, not the comment ahha omg. I thought there wasn't any point to clarify because it goes without saying about clicking like the playlist ahah

Edited by IHOS

• Noob
16 hours ago, john said:

Oh boy, I love all sorts of music, often for different reasons. Picking one genre is so difficult!

I make all sorts of music for just that reason. I think despite my love for music tech, and the crunch of guitar…. I would have to pick classical piano. For me emotional expression is everything. Sure, expression is in every instrument. Electronica and orchestral are both capable of those all encompassing soundscapes I also love, but for the simplicity of a single instrument that can give voice to the soul, it has to be piano. Classical is  also a very broad range.

If I were to keep out of classical, it would most likely be chill out.

That's true classical is always great and we can't deny this fact. I even tried to connect some classical intruments with modern stuff because it really can sound suitable 

• Noob
14 hours ago, Popthree said:

My normal listening choices are in the Neil Young area...not just NY but a lot of chill and mellow troubadors. Kurt Vile is enjoyable to me right now, John Prine is a favorite, Lucinda Williams, many others. I also love guitar oriented jazz.  Nels Cline and Julian Lage are current favorites.

Sounds interesting. I think I'll listen to some of them ) Thanks for the comment!

• Noob
20 hours ago, VoiceEx said:

It was a joke, Andrey 😅 people come and go all the time, and you having only one post (which is this) made me wonder if your genuinely interested in a discussion or if your more interested in advertisement. Even if that was not the case with you, there are people that do that. Normally when someone starts a genuine discussion they compose their topic around the subject and ideas which they intend to write on. And should they provide links, said links would normally be of a relevant nature to the context itself (i.e, a means to strengthen and emphasize the subject at hand, directly). So to that end, nothing goes without saying when your addressing a broad online audience. Just a friendly anecdote. Nothing more, nothing less.

That being said, I am glad that you actually responded back. My intention was not to offend you, but rather, to invoke a reaction from you to verify your intentions. Which worked. Though I suppose that this one`s on me. I have allowed my cheeky and sarcastic nature to get the better of me. And for that I apologize (Я извиняюсь, что). And, speaking as a fellow artist, I look forward to seeing your contribution to the community, and I hope that you will continue to share your insights. In fact, id like to hear your music, if possible.

Due to the fact that I've been doing music for about 15 years (been really close to music) means I'm really interested in what people listen to 😃 But I get it now and I understand what you mean completely ) I have to admit that my reaction was pretty rude and I'm apologize for it. On the contrary, you don't have to apologize at all. I should have understood that it was a joke. Anyway I've been really pleased that someone had reacted to this topic and that's great we're discussing it right now (and my thank to the guys above as well of course).

That's amazing you've mentioned about hearing my music, that's an honor to me talking over stuff which are close to me! 

And that's for sure I'll be pleased if you listen to it (i'll take any reaction even if you don't like it). 

I can attach the link here for listening because I find it simple. Or if it doesn't work I'll take another way to share with you. 

There are two albums in one playlist. The first album 1-12 and the second 13-27 

Hope you'll like it but I don't expect it though ahah

Edited by IHOS
  • Like 2

• Noob
On 8/6/2021 at 1:27 PM, VoiceEx said:

I don`t really have a specific genre that I prefer listening too. There are times I feel like listening to classical music, and then there are times I feel like listening to Pop music, Jazz, Electro music, or even hardcore Death Metal and underground music. It depends on my mood, really. And I always try to make time to actively search for new bands to listen too. Not only for enjoyment, but also to study their production. As artists I think it is essential to keep an open mind and expose ourselves to new music, new innovations, new sounds, new equipment, and properly inform ourselves of the latest improvements in technology, production techniques and software. My approach is of a practical nature.

Though that`s the "responsible way" to put it, right? well in terms of what I actively listen too, I have been listening to a lot of Iron Maiden recently. They have a new single out that`s not bad, and their old stuff is of course, excellent. What else? a friend of mine recently sent me Raizer`s album "We are the future". Its pretty dope, and might be up your ally.

As you can see, when it comes to the stuff I listen too for fun, I mostly just pick up whatever is there 😅 I don`t think in terms of "old is better" or "new is better", or "this instrument gives me more than that instruments" (etc). Whatever works, works. I have been actively working on music for so many years now, and I think it is very important for a musician to be able to find that inner balance were they can enjoy and appreciate music as a actual fan, and not just as a professional.

Yeah I can agree with you completely, sometimes we have to make some mistakes to reach something or just understand something important in our life. So I'm glad we've resolved this issue without any problems :) 

Wow honestly I haven't expected this kind of reaction related to my music) Thank you man, I do appreciate that! It makes me closer to record the third album because of inspiration I'm feeling now! Oh I wish more people listened to my music, but time will show 😃  I just know the fact that I can create better music with a better quality, more atmoshpere sounds and so on. We'll see

Thank you one more time! 

Oh that's great and by the way yes, as far as genres I listen to can be also different. For instance I'm currently listening to music in 80's style and it makes me really inspired despite the fact that I prefer to listen to heavy music like hard techno, rock, hardcore and so on (during workout mostly). Jazz and some other classical music is also be listened by me with great pleasure sometimes when I have suitable mood. 

The moment I like the topics like this one is sharing thoughts, sights and other useful points which can open up a lot of other opportunities wa usually can't see. I mean I haven't heard about  Iron Maiden and Raizer who can be interesting for me and that's cool. Thanks for the sharing, I'll check it out) 

As for my lovely artists of electronic genre I can emphasize the one who is really good is UNKLE. Some of his projects are really great using beautiful and deep vocal with atmosphere sounds as well

I'm grateful to you for such an open respond! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...