Your Ad Could Be Here

What Type of music do intelligent people listen to

• Noob

Music is the food for the soul. We have heard these lines many times, but the fact is that music does have the power to influence your intelligence and intellect. Much research shows a link between the type of music you listen to and your intelligence. You can listen to FM radio stations online to enjoy your favourite type of music. In recent years, there has been an uptick in the growth of online FM radio. This is primarily because people are consuming music more than ever. With the surge of the Internet, it is now easier to enjoy one’s favourite music without any glitch.

Why do people listen to music?

• Listening to music has been shown to positively impact cognitive function and may help boost intelligence. 

• Research suggests that music can stimulate the brain and improve various cognitive skills, such as memory, attention, and problem-solving. One such research has been published in the American Psychological Association journal Evolutionary Behavioral Sciences. This journal identifies a strong association between intelligence and music sans lyrics.

• The right kind of music has been found to help alleviate stress and anxiety and even instil motivation in individuals
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Would this suggest that those who work on the music sans lyrics, such as band members, engineers and producers, are some of the most intelligent people in the biz? I do like a good bit of research but I have my doubts about that. Just my anecdotal evidence, though.

There are also studies which have shown that intelligence levels have dropped over recent decades, which goes against the fact that more music is being consumed.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/13/health/falling-iq-scores-study-intl/index.html

So, supplemental question: is "the right kind of music" improving intelligence, or are intelligent people more attracted to it?

i have no doubt it can help motivation. It's nicer to work in a place where having a radio on is allowed. Then again, maybe being in the car on a job, out of sight of a manager, just alleviated my stress.