Your Ad Could Be Here

Hello everybody

Hi everybody, I'm a music making creature who's been lurking this forum for a while, and finally decided to take the big step. I'm originally from Alpha Centauri, but the guys in the UFO thought it would be fun to drop me in a weird little country called Spain. Needless to say my adaptation with the locals is far from perfect, but it doesn't matter, thanks to my obsessive passion for making music, which protects me from almost everything from the outside world (it's a double-edged sword, though). I make it mostly for myself, I like to upload and get the occasional view or two, but given the situation, I've given up totally on any notion of professionalism or of course making money out of music. Still, nobody can forbid us to have fun with it, just like you do here... So I look forward to joining the conversation. Cheers... :)

• Like 4

Welcome to Songstuff Palmiro! Congrats on taking the big step!

At least you will be pretty familiar with some of the regulars? We don’t stand on ceremony. Dive in!

Cheers

John

Hey TheGarageJump, thank you for the welcome, and also for your interest in my music... For the moment, if that's alright, I'm more comfortable just getting my feet wet, checking other people's music, commenting here and there, getting the general vibe... I'm currently working on a cycle of songs that will be ready, if the gods are willing, in a couple of months, and I was thinking of start posting that. I really don't feel right now like going back to the older stuff, processing the feedback... We're all musicians here, I know you'll all be familiar with those trends and impulses one feels, and that you must obey or you end up very badly... :)

(But if suspense is killing someone, I left links to my music in my profile; the day after I introduced myself, I got my first subscriber (number 3) in a long time. Coincidence? I don't think so... 😛 😛 😛 😛 😛 )

• Like 1

And now you have 7 more… ;)

This is so great, I feel so flattered... :) Thank you everybody for your attention

• Like 1

@Palmiro We welcome all musicians, both human and Centaurian alike! :)

I've checked out some of your songs on Youtube. "Black sheep Riot" is actually not a bad name for a punk project 👍 I also liked some of the visual aspects. Particularly, BoJustBo's art which was used in your re-imagining of a "Doom Level". There are a few subtle references and cameo's in his reels, which were very much to my liking!

Also, going by one of your comments, I understand that you are also planning to release more content. Spreading out activity on multiple different projects can be a good thing, if managed carefully. Either way, I hope you enjoy your stay, and.. once again, welcome aboard!

Thank you for your welcome to my species, and for checking out my stuff :)

Do you have any advice on spreading one's activity on multiple projects? I'm currently just making the music, but I'm at a bit of a loss on how will I go about it in the tube later. E.g., I don't know if publishing the new project in the same YouTube channel, to take advantage of synergies, or maybe it would confound people and it's better to create a new channel... I was going to pose that question at some point here, but given that you mention it...

Well, firstly, since this is the introduction area, I would suggest opening a dedicated discussion thread which will describe in detail what your hoping to achieve, and what your planning on doing, exactly. I would also recommend tagging (@) people of interest such as @john, whom you have already met 👍

Though, in terms of what I would suggest 'off hand', I would strongly recommend that you firstly examine each of your concepts separately and test them (individually and as a 'unit') before considering whether or not they: Should / Could / Would function under a single channel. Realistically speaking, there is no such thing as a universal answer that "works for everyone".

However, getting either option to work for you will depend on your resources and on how much time and work you intend (or could afford) to invest in your brand.

To put that in perspective:

"Black Sheep Riot" is a Punk project.

"Maple Dye" is a Rock project.

"Kitty Genovese" sound's like it may be a bit more Pop / Grunge/ Experimental oriented.

Arranging all three neatly on a single channel is not an problem and neither is including even more kinds of content. Picking your audience prepping them for your releases is essential no matter which route you decide to take. That too is a process in on itself. Though if we talking strictly in terms of establishing fundamentals, it all comes down to getting creative and conducting testing and research. There's no rule that says: "You are only limited to 'this' or 'that' kind of content". You can decide how you'd prefer to present your content.

That being said, if we talking strictly as advice, well.. I would suggest to firstly focus on growing a single channel and see where that leads, before attempting to manage three. Should you decide to open other channels in the future, you'll be able to tackle them with greater ease and more experience (and perhaps with an audience to boot, if you play your cards right)

Edited by VoiceEx

Thank you for your comments. Very interesting, lots of food for thought. You're right that it will be better that I open a thread on the topic rather than using this one here... It is going to take a while, though, because I'm advancing very slowly in the songs that I want to publish... But I'll certainly will want to pick some brains here... So great being able to share this stuff and get other people's impressions... Thank you so much :)

• Like 2

Welcome @Palmiro

I checked out your soundcloud - some interesting stuff there. 🙂 See you around and welcome,

CCB

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 8:46 PM, Palmiro said:

Still, nobody can forbid us to have fun with it, just like you do here... S

WTF?  I'm supposed to be having fun doing music?  Hmm.  I must be doing it wrong. 

Welcome to my nightmare, Palmiro.  :)

David

On 6/6/2023 at 6:41 PM, CorkingCrackBand said:

Welcome @Palmiro

I checked out your soundcloud - some interesting stuff there. 🙂 See you around and welcome,

CCB

@CCB,

Hey CCB, thank you for the welcome... And for checking my Soundcloud (it's a bit old, as you'll see... lack of bandwith for both projects at the moment). I also enjoyed your stuff, concerts must be very fun, with the appropriate amount of beers and smokes... (I couldn't stomach the larder song, though... too graphic for my taste... Although you certainly address the subject with great enthusiasm 😛 )

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HoboSage said:

WTF?  I'm supposed to be having fun doing music?  Hmm.  I must be doing it wrong. 

Welcome to my nightmare, Palmiro.  :)

David

@HoboSage,

lol, I know what you mean. Depending on the day of the week, it could be me the one making that comment instead. But funny that you mention Alice Cooper... a great example of how there's no such thing as retirement for musicians, it's our blessing and our curse I guess...