Your Ad Could Be Here

Song Title Association Game

I think it's because God St. Wine is from New York City?

2 hours ago, Just1L said:

I think it's because God St. Wine is from New York City?

Ok. So to link with Jethro Tull I can have any band from the UK? Or at least any part of the UK that any Tull member is from?

Makes the game a bit crap.

Shame on Rudi!!! He should be hung, drawn and quartered! And then banned! In that order! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MonoStone said:

Shame on Rudi!!! He should be hung, drawn and quartered! And then banned! In that order! 

So what's the deal … you're an angry American now?!?!?! LOL I'm not sure if that's the connection, it's all I could come up with.

Rudi… you've got some splainin to do.

2 minutes ago, tunesmithth said:

I'm in agreement...hopefully it's more than a New York connection.

That's more than a bit thin :rolleyes: Why not say that one of the band member's had a mother-in-law, by an exwife, who's hair dresser was from New York? LOL

I think thats the connection Tom :)

Edited by GocartMoz

As I said

22 minutes ago, MonoStone said:

Ok. So to link with Jethro Tull I can have any band from the UK? Or at least any part of the UK that any Tull member is from?

As I said Dek, there are no rules!

16 hours ago, Just1L said:

So what's the deal … you're an angry American now?!?!?! LOL I'm not sure if that's the connection, it's all I could come up with.

Rudi… you've got some splainin to do.

Safe in New York City - AC/DC  to Hammer & a Spike - God Street Wine

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rudi said:

Safe in New York City - AC/DC  to Hammer & a Spike - God Street Wine

:rolleyes:

Wow... ok then... you're forgiven and my 'Styx' entry should be disallowed. 

Carolyn's Fingers - The Cocteau Twins

(brilliant but her eyes in this do suggest she might start turn into the hulk at any moment)

1 hour ago, RobAsh15 said:

I told all of you that Rudi's posts were the best. Now you know.

Once again, for the cheap seats, here are the FUNCTIONING rules, which is to say the rules that have dominated the way the game has been played since around, oh... the 500th post or so. These rules are NOT to be misconstrues with the originally posted rules, which, as had been pointed out, required that the SONG TITLE relate to the last SONG TITLE.

Without further ado:

In each new entry, one MAJOR aspect of the entry, meaning EITHER the song's title, or the name of the band or performer who made the recording, must relate to a MAJOR aspect of the previous entry, in a way that can be discerned by other players, assuming they are smart enough to figure it out. Once the nature of an entry's relationship to the previous post is explained by the poster responsible for making that entry, following an issued challenge by another player, the relationship MUST BE clear and obvious to ALL players in order for that entry to be deemed acceptable according to the rules of the game. If such explanation, or the relationship it bears to the previous entry is deemed by two or more players to be vague or incorrect, it shall be held as invalid, and the posting player shall be taken to the nearest pillory, locked into it, and then be summarily beaten with a wet noodle until thoroughly doused. If an issued challenge is proven to be erroneously issued, the issuing player shall be taken to the nearest pillory, locked into it, and then be summarily doused with multiple drippings from a beaten noodle until thoroughly drenched.

The above rules, which are admittedly not the rules that governed the game upon it's commencement, have evolved in order to allow for more clever posts by the players. However, for the most part, these rules have governed the game, and all entries, for the last 6500 entries, and have, for the most part, been viewed as fair and functional by all concerned.

This explanation is not subject to address or redress. All inquiries or remarks related to this explanation should be submitted in writing, in triplicate, to the governing organization in charge of games rules. All such correspondences should be mailed first class, registered, care of Santa's Workshop, North Pole. No postal code required if mailed anywhere on planet Earth.

:)

3 hours ago, MonoStone said:

Carolyn's Fingers - The Cocteau Twins

(brilliant but her eyes in this do suggest she might start turn into the hulk at any moment)

That is one scary set of eyes.  Honestly Dek ... didn't think much of the song.  Wasnt crazy about the vocal or the eyes!!