Your Ad Could Be Here

Best Guitar Solos

Hey

What's your favorite guitar solos?

To start us off, one of my top ten has to be "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" - Dave Gilmour, Pink Floyd. The entire track is one of Dave's best constantly evolving guitar lines, and one of those guitar lines that is fun to play. Although Dave Gilmour has written many very good, distinctive and experimental guitar solos (like a lot of Dark Side Of The Moon, or TheWall), for me this track remains one of his best.

Cheers

John

• 1 month later...

The Dream by Ry Cooder. From the album 'JAZZ'

Not technically overdemanding. All the notes in this are exquisitely crafted and timed. It sounds just like its title.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jazz-Ry-Cooder/dp/...843&sr=1-16

There is a lovely song by Alison Moyet called 'This House' The guitar solo is stunning! It's one of the most unusual solos' I've ever heard. She later re-recorded the song, but without the solo!

• 2 weeks later...

John, you got it right! "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" has definity some of the best lead Guitar ever, it's like every note is right where God intended it to be. Also, i think his guitar's tone is uncommonly ear friendly. To add to Gilmour's prise, I think that the solo on "Comfortably Numb" was excellent. It's an ultimitly satisfying cresendo at the end of that song. The man is very good at bending notes and at vibrato. His playing gives a good lesson too, about the importance of the space between the notes, the breathing room.

• 2 months later...

Steve Hackett: Spectral Mornings

Steve Kimmock : 'Kissing the BoBo'

I have never heard the like before or since

• 2 months later...
He's playing right handed, with a left handed guitar!

Pretty versatile considering that he was left handed & played a right handed strat. :)

back to the watchtower thing, trivia question: Who played Bass on the Hendrix recording and why?