Your Ad Could Be Here

Guitar Effects

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all over the place. From my guitar I go to an original crybaby, a Boss DS-1, to a Ibanez TS-7 (thier cheap Tube Screamer)

or an old Dean Markley Overlord, to an MXR Dynacomp, then a BBE Sonic Stomp to the amp. In the effects loop - I have

a Boss DD-20 GigaDelay (way to much overkill for me - up to 23 sec. of delay!) to an MXR Phase 90, then a Boss OC-3 Super

Octave, and last a Electro-harmonix Electric Mistress. My amp is a Tech-21 TM-60. I also have a M-Audio BlackBox Reloaded.

The amp or the Blackbox feed to an ART Studio V3 tube mp preamp tp my computer. I use Cakewalks Guitar Tracks Pro 4.

A whole lot of gear for not being very prolific lately.

Jim

• 4 months later...

In the 80s I was rack crazy, still have an SGX, a quadraverb and a few other things gathering dust in a corner, now I just use a little rp250 hooked to my input on my computer more than anything else. Have a few sounds programmed that fit me.

Had a Line6 but ended up still using my rp so ebayed it a few months back.

I'm simple.

• 2 weeks later...

Started with a Boss ME-50, moving slowly to individual stomp boxes though. I feel like I have so much more control over everything now. Visual Sound is my current favourite for pedals on a budget.

• 3 weeks later...

Boss GT-6 is my go to pedal. When I want something a little more analogue I use a Ernie Ball VP Jr. Volume, Ibanez Tube Screamer, MXR Phase 90 Script, and a Boss DD-6 Digital Delay. The stomp boxes have more color and texture. But the GT-6 so easy to set up and not as much tap dancing between songs.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to have a bunch of pedals and floor dsp's and rack mounts. I got rid of them all. When I stopped gigging I got rid of most of my amps as well. I live in an apartment with really really thin walls. I don't want to temp fate with an eviction notice. One thing I noticed about all those effects and amps. I was busy chasing what everyone else sounded like. When I'd find "that sound" The only thing I'd want to do is play songs for "that sound" I had an epiphany of sorts. I wanted to sound like me again not someone else no matter how much I liked them. I just play through my pignose clean I like getting to the heart of the matter.

I didn't have a complete change though. As far as midi goes I'm still iso "famous sounds" As a matter of fact I bought OPX 2 pro specifically for the "famous" Bank.

I have these excellent Marshall pedals for compression and distortion. Thing about them is right after I bought `em I never saw them on the market again.

Still have an Ibanez "Super Metal" that I use with a Morley Wah/volume with the Wah activated midrange to fill out the sound. Very Old School.

Let's see, A DOD Gate/loop, a POS Digitech XP 100 Whammy Wah (Don't buy one), and a Digitech 128 rackmount signal processor (DO BUY ONE!)

Keep em clean, You'll never know when someone famous will make them famous. A buddy of mine had an early Ibanez Tube Screamer. Most of his gigging was coming from bass playing not guitar. Eric Johnson commented on how he loved it in Guitar Player. Used prices sky rocketed and Ibanez started issuing re issues of the TS from that one article. My buddy got 5 times as much as he paid for it.

A rareity in music electronics.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Guitar effects is very important to making some best music. I like to listen some slow music and also I always prefer this type of music for spending my free time. You have to always give some best sound lyrics and effects of your music.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm finally buying hardware again. I picked up a korg pandora mini on ebay still waiting for delivery. One thing I like about it is the presets are of sounds to songs I already know but haven't played in awhile.

I've only had it for a few minutes now. I'm really digging the classic sounds though I need to do some tweaking. I've got a line in on my guitar amp that I've been doing testing with as it bypasses the amp sound as much as possible. I'm going to try it direct to powered monitors before I can make any claims about how "real" it sounds.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everybody,,,,,,,,

i have been used 2-3 guitar effect but i mostly prefer electric guitar,An electric guitar is a guitar that uses a pickup to convert the vibration of its strings into electrical impulses.

The signal generated by an electric guitar is too weak to drive a loudspeaker, since the output of electric guitar is electric signal......

that's way i mostly prefer electric guitar.............

Thank you!!!!

http://www.oneclickvintage.com/

Really?

Hello everybody,,,,,,,,

i have been used 2-3 guitar effect but i mostly prefer electric guitar,An electric guitar is a guitar that uses a pickup to convert the vibration of its strings into electrical impulses.

The signal generated by an electric guitar is too weak to drive a loudspeaker, since the output of electric guitar is electric signal......

that's way i mostly prefer electric guitar.............

Thank you!!!!

http://www.oneclickvintage.com/

Oooooooo. Futuristic spam!

• Like 1