Your Ad Could Be Here

Guitar Effects

Hey All

What do you currently use as for effects? A multi-effects unit? Pedals? What do you use?

I currently have a Zoom 4040. A little old now with one dodgy connnector (I really should fix it!) but does the basics reasonably well. I have thought abuot upgrading several times but as ever, so many ideas, so little cash!

Cheers

John

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still persevere with the same old BOSS GT-5

I had the lead repaired last year (shouldve used a kettle one). I have only just started to use a patch I made up in the early days. According to the manual, I have the effects chain is all wrong, but its the tastiest sound on there!

Multi-effects units are so much simpler.

I currently use a Digitech GNX 3, but can't wait to get my hands on the Roland VG99 - when I can afford it - some time in June.

Personally I've never enjoyed using multi effects, although I've never owned one, I just felt that there was TOO much to fiddle with... At least for a beginner...

I have 3 (or four if you count my Dan Electro mini amp I use as an overdrive pedal) pedals at the moment. A Marshall Guv'Nor, a (possibly unbranded) Wah, and a Dan Electro Backtalk reverse delay pedal - SO much fun, especially if I get/build a lap steel like I want to... :D

hey ppl.....i am completely new to these things.....

so plz can anyone tell me what are you pple talking abt????

take me as a total unaware person........i am a blank slate....

ok..............i got it................thanx you steve

I guess I should confess to my latest purchases... :-[

I got a Marshall Jackhammer pedal (yet another form of overdrive/distortion... Now I can switch sounds with the mere push of a button, instead of fiddling with knobs...)

Also a Marshall Recording Pre-Amp, which will be awesome for me as I have an Epiphone Junior Valve amp with no tone controls, so not only will I (hopefully) get around to recording some stuff now I have some form of input to my computer that will let me stop it clipping like crazy, but I can add yet ANOTHER form of overdrive/distortion to my line up...

I think I have enough now!! lol... 5 different pedals... The Flying Spaghetti Monster himself can't know how many different sounds! :D I

just feel sorry for my flat mates this year, and house mates next year, especially as I'm thinking of making a lap steel over the summer to stick through it all... Joy. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I use a Zoom G7 1UT, or whatever it's called, that name really trips off the tongue, doesn't it?

Does what I want it to do though, so I'm happy :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a Boss Super Chorus, a Boss Tremolo and I just got a Boss RC-20XL LoopStation I've only had it a few days but boy has it got the creative juices flowing. Here is me fumbling around on the first day, don't take it serious I'm having a hoot of a time best thing I've got in years. I can't wait till my next lot of days off work so I can play it again. It must be good because the wifes not happy about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSzzY225MDA

Michael

• 1 month later...

Hmm. Since I just got my guitar I don't have much of a budget left to spend. The Cool Cats are affordable and has some decent reviews. Are they decent pedals? Maybe match that up with my Fab Distortion? I actually don't really like my Fab distortion. It sounds kinda bland to me. Maybe I just have the settings wrong I duno. Anybody ever try any of those Cool Cats?

Edited by Gemini9

• 1 year later...

My current setup is a morley wah into a univibe into a digitech 2112 with the 2120 chip into which ever amp im using,mainly my carvin x100b halfstack.

Edited by davidmichael

I prefer to use a board of individual stompboxes. Having owned a number of Digitech, Behringer, and Zoom multi-pedals in the past, I feel that the quality of each effect can be compromised when stuffing them all into an affordable multi. I'm also just not much a fan of digital effects to begin with, so I am a bit biased admittedly.

Single pedals, on a budget, are hard to do though. My board has cost me more money than I care to think about right now, but I believe the analog quality that my picky ears long for is there.

Here's a pic: NYo3r.jpg

Boss ME-50 into a Peavey Transtube amp - covers all bases!

I have used in the past a gnx3 and other multi effect unit's though I found when using them in a live situation when your amp in cranked right up the effect quality is definatly compromised and live is where it count's for me.

I have since bought a Mesa Triple Rec to give me a great base tone and have recently bought a Dunlop Cry Baby . . . . . . which effect to go for next is a tough choice however??