Your Ad Could Be Here

Guitar Effects

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Zoom too but I'm wanting to start exploring the options more. There's some great on-board FX available in DAWs these days so we're spoilt for choice, but there also seems to be a huge number of players either going or staying retro. This is an excellent rundown of what Ultimate Guitar users voted as their favourite:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/ug_news/top_10_best_guitar_pedals_of_all_time.html

Needless to say, I'd happily have all of these!

I used to have a Boss ME-70 multi-effect unit and just couldn't dial in the right tones.  I went back to stompboxes.  I like to just keep the amp clean and use the stompboxes for the rest, when necessary.

My chain is:

Guitar (Fender Tele/G & L Tele/Am. Std Strat/PRS Semi-Hollow/Rick 620) - Cry Baby (Modded to true bypass) - Korg Pitchblack tuner - Vintage DOD Phaser 401 - Sweet Sound Mojo Vibe - Guyatone Auto Volume Swell - Rothman Love Squeeze Compressor - Ibanez TS 808 Re-issue - Timmy Overdrive (My favorite pedal bar none) - EP Booster - Fulltone Supa-Trem - MXR Micro-Flanger - TC Electronics Flashback Delay - Amp (Mesa Boogie Express 5:25/Egnater Rebel 30) ... All pedals powered underneath the PedalTrain Bd. by Voodoo Power Pedal 2

Dave

post-8815-0-71883100-1366921929_thumb.jp

Edited by GocartMoz

• 2 weeks later...

on recordings i use delay reverb and chorus,
for live either a small digital delay or reverb just to fill out the lead tone.... 
i need to get a graphic eq :)

@Dave

I had a similar experience with Digitech stuff.  Not being able to dial in the right sound.

The pandora is a little noisy but it really does a great job of rig emulation.

I tried to reach out to the greater pandora mini community and help build even more presets however there isn't a greater minipandora community yet to speak of.   The only thing I really have against it is... The quick access buttons are limited to four. Which wouldn't last me a set. and trying to scroll around for presets is well a process.

The pandora is a little noisy but it really does a great job of rig emulation.

I have the PX5D - pretty happy with it. Great practice tool.

Edited by Jim622

• 7 months later...