Your Ad Could Be Here

Can This Song Make Money?

Vlady

Same for me. One thing I would say about it is the song is only one factor in a host of factors when it comes to money making. Most of it is down to having money to start with (to make the creatives needed to promote it), and a large amount of publicity coupled with an effective marketing plan, a strong image, a good performance, good recording(s) and good mastering and so on and so on. Musicians like to focus on music. No real secret there. In today's music industry you need to engage in the real and online worlds, and more than likely be getting a lot of air time. True you don't need all those elements just to make some money at it, but the differences between a successful song and a really successful song is less to do with the things they do so much as how much of it they do. The point is, you generally need all those elements represented in some form.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Your voice is REALLY GOOD man, but I don't think the beat fits in any of the radio genres. Im trying to think of who your voice reminds me of though. But yea, make stronger hooks. You've got a really strong voice so that's a big plus.

• 3 weeks later...

Your song doesn't do anything for me, but that's a genre thing more than anything else.

As posters above say, your voice has good tone and timbre, so that's working for you. But if you really want to make money you need to write/play/pitch songs the radio stations want, not what you want. Once you're rich and famous you can showcase your art, but till then, give 'em what they want!

I've heard absolute CRAP on the radio, so I think anything CAN make money. Luck and hard work seem to be the main ingredients to success. And of course there's the old catch phrase, "The harder I work, the luckier I get."

Good luck, mate. I wish you every success.

Kel

I don't know if it can make money...who knows... but I think it's a fantastic song, love the sound and mood of it...great voice and arrangement. Matter of taste... works for me, but that's just me.

Had a listen to your other stuff on SoundCloud too... really cool stuff. Personally, I'd buy an EP by you.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It sounds good but I don't think it's quite there as far as hooks.  I've not nit picked the lyrics or anything but I'm feeling like to catch the ear of a wide audience as an unknown artist you need something that grabs more.  The transitions don't have enough energy to make that happen.  thats my first impression.

Danny