Your Ad Could Be Here

Favourite Tricks With Aux Sends.

I only very recently started using buses as effect sends and having been reaping the benefits in my mixes. I love panning an instrument a bit to the right and then sending about -20db of the signal to a bus with a short delay and reverb and panning that hard left to really expand the stereo field. So many options with so many different effects.

I've been experimenting a lot with it lately and I was wondering if any music producers amongst you have any favourites that you go to for certain instruments and styles. It's great for unloading the pressure on CPU if you want a lot instruments to have the same reverb or something but do any of you guys use it stylistically or for purposes other than giving your computer a break?

• Like 1

I actually just like side chaining to get my tone back. The more effects you add the more it washes out the instruments tone. If you want clarity and control think about making two copies of your original track then panning those hard left/right You'll be able to control the spread and it won't rob your processing power as well the "reflected tracks will have all the clarity and punch as the original.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I use bussing quite often for a multitude of different reasons. I love to send all my organic drums that are compressed individually to an aux send where I insert a Fairchild 660 compressor and pull back the whole drum mix about .5-1 db. this makes the drums "pop" a bit better! I will also sub guitars sometimes, and BGV's for the purposes of shelving and certain delays.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...