Your Ad Could Be Here

Challenge #11 Blues - Teams Write

Hey Gang

After the runaway popularity (*ahem*) and success (*coughs*) of last week's writing challenge, your publisher has decided to treat you to an interesting brief.

An ancient blues man, "Wiley Ole Blues", is planning a comeback, however he never wrote his own material, he relied upon a TEAM of writers to write his hits.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it:

1. You need to divide into teams. The minimum size of a team is 2! The maximum size of a team is 4.

2. Each team must include at least one lyricist that is NOT CURRENTLY AN ACTIVE MEMBER of our group (ie they can be a member but not active, or not currently a member at all).

3. Each writer must draft their fair share of the song. If there are 2 of you that is 50%. If there are 3 that is 33 %, 4 of you that is 25%.

4. You should use 12 bar blues or one of it's variants. (check our 12 bar blues song form article to get an idea). You can use a hybrid scheme, such as 12 bar blues with AB or ABC song forms.

5. Wiley remembers the good ole days and wants the lyrics to be about a temptress who will stop at nothing to get her man.

All lyrics should be completed and the completed version posted by this Friday. Wiley needs only one song, so, I will pick one set of lyrics to highlight to community members next Friday.

This post will self destruct in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1....

For the sake of time zone simplicity, I suggest Skin and I form the Southern Blues Team....

And Les, I have a recruit in mind... also in Australia, unless you have another choice, Bro... (sorry, couldn't help myself!)

Kel

Edited by Kel

we could cheat and submit an entry I've already written in 12 bar blues format:

no we can't it isn't about a temptress. Damn

oh dang it! I already have one of those!

I'm going hunting for a co-writer right now.

I'll see if I can scare something up in member-lyrics.

If I come up empty can I just use an old alternative personality? (Evans are you still in there you old git?)

Anyone here want to join me/us just say so. I work fast.  :taz:

Rudi

Rudy, I would like to join you, but from a learning perspective, support and maybe some suggestions.

Goldy

photo-64245.gif

Edited by goldylocks

OK Skin. Understood. Good luck.

Goldy I sent you a PM. (thought I had posted that here?).

Also have a non-member who may be interested.

She is good too!

I hate to brag (cough! splutter!) but the Southern Blues Team has completed this assignment!

We just haven't posted the result yet!

Hey Les, wanna go fishin' while these folks trudge along lookin; fer da blues?

Hey is that Blind Boy Willie and Lightning boy down yonder at the crossroads! Lookee 'ere, I think they makin' a deal wiv da debil hisself!

No, don't do it! Too late! Dears hell hounds on dear trail!

Kel, I love your humility, your wear it like a red tie, at a black tie formal dinner.

Goldylocks..

Edited by goldylocks

I'm sure the Australian blues will be wonderful !

I'm gonna lay down my barbie...

down by the billabong

down by the billabong

down by the billabong...

:)

Ya gotta love the hint of competition lol

Ah John, if only there was some!

• Like 1

Ya gotta love a pard who can rock along with the roll you set up!  

Skin, becareful if your in a boat it doesn't sink, with Kel's and your ego on board.

Goldy

Ok gang.... here for your amazement!

Here is a somewhat familiar tune you can sing along to...

https://soundcloud.com/kelabbmusic/johnny-b-goode-instrumental

Yeah it doesn't fit perfectly and we haven't written as many lines, but you get the idea...

Caroline

Kel, Skin59, Snabbu

Eastern Alabama near the Georgia line
I met a pretty waitress name of Caroline
Never saw a lady looking near as fine
And when she smiled at me it nearly blew my mind...

Oh Oh

Oh my Caroline

Oh Oh

Oh my Caroline

Oh sweet mercy

Save me Caroline

Pretty as a picture in a magazine

She’s hotter than a stove in her tight blue jeans

The light in her eyes is go ahead green

She’s revving my engine if you know what I mean

Oh oh

Oh my Caroline

Oh oh

Oh my Caroline

Oh sweet mercy

Save me Caroline

She had the body of a goddess she was built to please

She was hot as hell and she loved to tease

She led me on enough to have me begging please

And like everyone had said I was down on my knees

Oh oh

Oh my Caroline

Oh oh

Oh my Caroline

Oh sweet mercy

Save me Caroline

Edited by Kel

Skin, becareful if your in a boat it doesn't sink, with Kel's and your ego on board.

Goldy

No chance of that happening Goldy. You see my head is in the clouds and my feet are planted firmly in the air. No boats needed!

Kel

• Like 1

Kel, you walked right into this question. Now are you saying your an airhead? That's what you just said, if your head's in the clouds. Giving you a little taste of your own humor. Ha! Ha! A little word bantering.

Goldy

photo-64245.gif

Edited by goldylocks

An airhead? Me? I wish I was that clever! I always thought it was empty. But full of air is better than nothing, any day, right?

Clever? What dictionary are you reading? It means scatterbrained or dim wit. To answer your question. As far as your head being full of air, I suppose it's alright as long as you stay out of a strong wind, otherwise you probably will get blown away like a balloon. I can't believe I just wrote that. I'm cracking up! LOL I need to get some sleep. Later, Kel.

Goldy

Wassat? Now you're saying my head is a baloon?

I don't burp with a rubbery aftertaste, so I don't think so!