Your Ad Could Be Here

Me As A Composer, Songwriter And Performer

Hi Songstuff members! Let me introduce myself!
Since I was 1 year old, I was responding to music so differently. When I was 1 and half year old, when Young and Restless' orchestral theme Nadia's Theme starts to play I closed my eyes and raise my arms and clench my fist and release it repeatedly every time. Since I was 2 I've been singing for hours walking around the room.
I wanted to play guitar when I was 6 but people said you're too young for it and I started playing keyboards instead. Because of my science lessons was good enough and my father cracked my mind with successful engineer's and scientist's stories, I was orientated to study science in high school. Unfortunately I was successful in Maths and Physics especially.
But I always composed music, kept playing guitar that I've been playing since I was 12 and my parents bought an electric guitar that will help me improve my solo guitar skills.
I was studying in science and maths department in the best high school in my home town. It has never felt completely right but I was not aware that I was in the wrong path. And in 2009 when Michael Jackson died I realized nothing is right. I realized I don't want to keep studying for the regular college exams.
I could never convince my parents about getting in conservatory exams, they said when you go to college in Istanbul, you can have music lessons outside your school and make your music in your spare time with your bands. And they were aware that art is never treated specially in Turkey. Knowing I can't enter to conservatory exams, I chose Industrial Design major because of it's discipline's similarity between composing and arranging, and the relation between consumer and listener. I got in Bahcesehir University's Industrial Design department with half scholarship (Paying $7,000 a year). I have never been enough passionate about the major I studied and every year I said I don't want to study in here anymore and expressed my unhappiness saying I want to take exams for conservatories, but my father didn't allow me to drop out from the college. His researches showed music schools in Ä°stanbul are terrible about developing students and everyone is saying teachers are cranky, above that all the schools are teaching classic music, there is no music school that teaches Contemporary music for students who are prone to Jazz based music styles. This year is my last year in university, I passed all the lessons with success so far.
In 2011 I started singing lessons as my teacher is still Timur Selçuk; well known pianist, composer, conductor and singer in Turkey, and France, for 60s and 70s.
I am also the score writer of plays in my schools Theater of Bahçeşehir University in 2012 (The Good Person of Szechwan by Brecht and All My Sons by Arthur Miller).
I take a lot of time for the passion and purpose of my life. My university classes are really stressing and difficult but in all the times I create, I dedicate myself to my music. In my second year of college I accepted to be the composer of music's in two theater plays of the Bahcesehir University, the time I spend on composing the scores gave me peace.
And I hope music will be my main responsibility, as this responsibility will bring me joy, happiness and peace, no matter how tiring it will be. I love being on stage, composing and collaborating with different musicians.

Thank you very much :) I hope I'll be a constant member of this family :)

Welcome to Songstuff!

Kel

Hi

Welcome to Songstuff  :)

Hope you find it a useful place to be  :)

Jan

Archived