Your Ad Could Be Here

Hi, I'm Symph, I Make Rock And Roll

Hi, I'm Symphonious7 or Symph as most people call me.  I make original rock music in my personal home studio.  I'm also on youtube, same name as this username.  I have been making music for about 16 years now, I'm proficient on 4 instruments (drums, bass, guitar, keys) and recently decided I wanted to be a Christian artist.  This decision scares me, I've never put my religious beliefs into my music but I feel it's the right thing to do.  

Because of this, lyric writing is a little weird, I'm trying to be more poetic and not sound too direct or preachy while still getting the message across.  I'm currently working on a new album I wish to try and get noticed by a christian or indie label but I'm so unsure of myself.  I've done this for so many years without ever trying to get myself out there that it leaves me feeling pressured.  I've been bouncing all my ideas off of myself alone and feeling like I don't know what's strong and weak and that's when I thought I'd see if there was a community of musicians who help each other to check their work.  

I would love to hear what you are all doing and to get feedback on my songs as I create them.  Production is also an issue for me so if any of you are good with that it would be sweet.  Looking forward to meeting you all, thanks for having me.  :)

Nice introduction and welcome to the site! :thumb23: No doubt....it's helpful to have others to bounce ideas off of...enjoy the site!

Tom

Thank you my friend :)  

It can be daunting on your own Symph, so welcome to your new family :)

Awwww hahaha that was very kind of you.  Now I'm kinda excited  :yahoo:

Hi and welcome! Your introduction tells me you're gonna love this place, friendly and helpful people all around!

//MMR

Hi and welcome! Your introduction tells me you're gonna love this place, friendly and helpful people all around!

//MMR

Thanks Mary!  Yeah I hope to post some music soon but I feel I'm already reaping some benefits because the reality of "other musicians will hear this" has made me go back and start correcting my ideas/mixes/performances so that's always a good thing.  Nice cowboy hat!  GIMME.  lol

I'm glad I came across this site. It seems like a lot of people on here really care about the music community, and helping one another out! Keep up the good work Symph! I run sound at a church in Lincoln Nebraska, so I think it's great when people combine what they believe in with there creative outlet, in your case, music! 

Nice to meet you! 

I'm glad I came across this site. It seems like a lot of people on here really care about the music community, and helping one another out! Keep up the good work Symph! I run sound at a church in Lincoln Nebraska, so I think it's great when people combine what they believe in with there creative outlet, in your case, music! 

Nice to meet you! 

Oh awesome!!!  Yeah I didn't want to be a "christian artist" for the longest time because I thought it would make my every move up for scrutiny and I wouldn't be able to ever make a sexual song or put anything controversial in a song again. But it just... conservatives will conservatize, I gotta be me and do what I feel is right regardless.  hehehe... conservatize.  I like that.  Thanks again!

Oh awesome!!!  Yeah I didn't want to be a "christian artist" for the longest time because I thought it would make my every move up for scrutiny and I wouldn't be able to ever make a sexual song or put anything controversial in a song again. But it just... conservatives will conservatize, I gotta be me and do what I feel is right regardless.  hehehe... conservatize.  I like that.  Thanks again!

Music is all about being you, my friend. Using music to express yourself is what music is all about..... so unless you wanna lie to your fans, give them you. If they like it, they like it... if they don't, somebody else did. You can never please everyone, so as long as you're pleased with your art, that's all that matters. 

Archived