Your Ad Could Be Here

Hey, I'm Socky.

• Noob

My friend recommended this place to me, and it seems very cool so far.

I'm a semi-amateur musician from Akureyri, Iceland. (I say semi-amateur because while I've made one album, I don't feel like it's up to par with other albums. It's a self esteem thing, probably.)

I mostly do weird experimental folk rock something stuff, so there's no guarantee people will like it, but I'm trying to branch into different kinds of songwriting.

I sing, play a bit of drums, the ukulele, a little bit of guitar and piano and I sort of am terrible at bass guitar. (I did play bass on my album, along with all the other instruments, but that was mostly because of a lack of resources)

Thank you for having me here :)

Love, Socky.

(Also, I've been trying to search for the forum rules and haven't found them yet. If anyone could link them to me that'd be great. Thanks.)

• Like 2

• Noob

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone :)

Bernd, I'm not sure if linking to my bandcamp would be considered a commercial link because while it's mine, it also has some "buy" links (I haven't quite figured that part of the rules out yet, as English isn't my first language and legalspeak confuses me in general)

But I hope it's okay to share my album as a playlist on soundcloud ( https://soundcloud.com/sockface/sets/rat-manicure ) and if you guys could explain to me the exact meaning of commercial link like I'm a particularly dumb five year old that would be great and very well appreciated :)

Thanks and love, Socky.

Edit: I forgot to give the usual warning I give when I link my album, basically I made it at 20ish knowing nearly nothing, wrote all the songs and played all the instruments with my limited skills, so please don't expect too much of it. There's a reason I'm trying to learn more. I also am not quite sure on the genre, I just described it like other people have described it.

Edited by Socky

Hi there

I'm new to this too !! Don't be too hard on yourself anyone who can get music from any instumemt is talented !! But we like to push ourselves further learn more !! It all takes time you are young have many years ahead of you enjoy them !! You will reach your goal in life !! You just have to believe !! You have made an album thats more than a lot of people so pat yourself on the back !! Well done .

Nazman