Your Ad Could Be Here

• Noob

Hi Everyone

I'm Dave Michels, I' m 50, NY born, raised in CA,  in 1983 went to Europe for about 13 yrs toured in 2 different bands(Perfect Stranger & Holey Wood) all over Europe as the lead singer, did a lot of studio time for commercials, vocals for many other artists projects, background vocals, voice overs & also had my own studio called Froggy Studios where I helped local up and comers to get into the music industry over in Europe.

Moved back to AZ met up with John Nightwolf and grounded Stress Monkey, left AZ in 2006 moved to S.E Asia, eventually landed on the beautiful island of Borneo where I owned several tourism based businesses in different parts of Malaysia, sold them all off in 2010 and retired, bored of retirement I opened up BTW Music here in Kota Kinabalu, Now I support local artists and help record, promote & market them for free or donations. I feel its a awesome way of giving back to a music industry that has been very good to me.

I'm very happily married and we travel several times per year all over the world, we are foodies and love to blog about our adventures as well as where we eat & go out to.

I don't drink or smoke pretty much a healthy person through and through

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments?

What instruments? Vocals, Guitar, bit of keys

When did you start playing? 18

Did you teach yourself? Yes

2. Are you in a band or bands?

What is the name of the band? Stress Monkey

What do you play? Anything that is needed

What other instruments are in the band? Anything that is needed

Do you have a band website? Label https://www.facebook.com/BTWMusic.My/

3. Do you write songs?

Do you write lyrics, music or both? Both

Do you have a writing partner? Team

4. Do you record your music?

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? DAW : Mixcraft 7 pro(about 310 Effects, 50 instruments), USB Interface : focusrite 2i2, Analog Interface Tascam 488MKII(Run all my physical instruments through here and the 2 outs go into my Focusrite 2i2 to keep plug in & out wear & tear down), Midi controller : xkey m.......... too much to list

Do you use a recording studio? BTW Music, Ram studios & Megaboogie studios Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? https://www.facebook.com/BTWMusic.My/ also 

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business?

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other?  Everyone listed & more

6. Are you a tech head? Yes

7. What country do you live in? I live on the Island of Borneo in Kota Kinabalu Malaysia

8. What are your ambitions? Already reached them, retire by 50 on a beautiful Island in the middle of a tropical region & be very involved in the local music industry

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? No

What are your pastimes?

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? 1. Collaborations, 2. Points of view, 3. Feedback & 4. Intl. Friendships

Thx for reading 

Dave Michels

BTW Music

Edited by Dave Michels
Change