Your Ad Could Be Here

Hello, from Ghana

Hello everyone,

I'm an aspiring composer/producer from Ghana. I lived in the States for about 11 years, and I guess that's where most of my musical education and taste-forming happened. I'm back in Ghana now.

I played piano, took about 2/3rds of a year of music theory, taught myself to play the piano, but I never really wrote, even though I desperately wanted to. I was much too intimidated. Then, I discovered this piano app on the iTunes store, and started improvising along to music while riding in the subways. I had a lot of fun doing that, and thought this is the gentlest way to learn how to "write" music.

About four years later, in Ghana now, I picked up an electronic keyboard. Started practicing blues improvisations. I also managed to keep an Akai MPK Mini I had bought in the states, along with a copy of Ableton. One day, about a month ago, I started trying to make new music every day. Two weeks ago I started to share what I had. I dunno, I like what I make quite a bit, and I'm ready to see what others make of it. 

Cheers!

Hassan

• 4 weeks later...

Archived