Your Ad Could Be Here

Hip-hop (rap) critique

Brayden Taylor

• Noob

I'm also Canadian :) (ontario)

love the flow and word play used, very well written , and delivery was crisp 

On my latest track posted on Soundcloud I was hesitant to say the least to remove my track in result of timing

Any tips on how to fit lyrics with the beat accordingly? 

Here is my track if interested: 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Noob

Pretty professional studio? It doesn't sound really professional to me. Like you recorded from a cellphone. I know it's harsh, but i'm just being really honest and trying to give constructive feedback. 

Or this is a recording before you went to your friend's friend. 

Let's assume it is. 

So i def dig the beat! Hell yeah, oldschool baby. you rap nicely on beat, but i can hear that you run out of breath sometimes. Too many sylables at once. You got a good voice to. You know, a chill voice to listen to. Old skool vibes. Keep it up bro.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
On 1/23/2018 at 12:06 AM, Brayden Taylor said:

Thanks bro! Yeah I recorded this before hand on an iphone to put it out to get outside critiques . Yeah I was running out of breath haha good catch. But thanks for the input Indra really appreciate it 

LOL 😁

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I like your lyrics and flow, but it sounds almost like you're trying to keep up with the beat. Maybe that is the sound quality, and I would echo earlier comments about that. It is harder to hear your emotion come out when you are trying to catch the beat. You have the flow to keep up and the vocal annunciation and speed, but instead of catching the beat, play with your voice to try to make the beat catch you if that makes any sense.

• 4 months later...

Your Ad Could Be Here

Guests are always welcome...

but...

JOINING as a MEMBER (FREE) provides you with many benefits:

• it is FREE
  • you will NOT be sent emails UNLESS you sign up for them
  • + you can interact with posts
  • you can create new Topics
  • you can directly message other members
  • you can seek critiques of your own work
  • you can offer critiques on the work of others
  • after a few posts you can post your own music and videos
  • have your songs/videos considered for Songstuff's official Playlists

• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $1,040

Important Information

By continuing to use our site you indicate acceptance of our Terms Of Service: Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy: Privacy Policy, our Community Guidelines: Guidelines and our use of Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.