Your Ad Could Be Here

Not much to say

Hello! Just wanted to introduce myself and also maybe connect with some like minded individuals. I'm not very musically talented it must be said but I have always enjoyed the art of writing be it poetry, short essays and even a number of half finished novels. 

I'm mostly inspired by real life experiences and cliche as it is these are mostly of the romantic kind. Another big influence for me is literature and mythology. Books that have inspired poems/lyrics so far include Evelyn Waugh's Brideshead Revisited, Woolfe's Orlando and D. H Lawrence's Lady Chatterlys Lover as well the the two Greek Myths regarding Hades & Persephone and Eros & Psyche. 

I enjoy writing for the words and the sound of the words when spoken out loud if that makes sense as well as the imagery that it inspires in the minds eye. 

Music wise I like artists who I think have somewhat thearetical, big, sweeping sounds so Hozier, LDR, Florence + Machine and even P!ATD (the creaking of stairs with the line "creeping down the stairs" in Nearly Witches is something I adore for some reason)

I haven't really shared my writings with anyone but thought the anonymity afforded by this forum would help me to do so and to gain experience in writing more and constructive criticism hopefully. 

Sorry for the ramble, like I said big fan of words clearly 😂

Welcome to Songstuff!

As I said in other thread, it is really really nice to have you around! We have quite a lot of points in common, as far as I've seen, I think we will get on well! ^^

I will keep an eye on you amazing epic lyrics! I'm sure that with the feedback of so many experienced people around here (in between I am NOT included haha), you will improve a lot and you will end up having very cool stuff!!  :):)

7 minutes ago, Michan said:

Welcome to Songstuff!

As I said in other thread, it is really really nice to have you around! We have quite a lot of points in common, as far as I've seen, I think we will get on well! ^^

I will keep an eye on you amazing epic lyrics! I'm sure that with the feedback of so many experienced people around here (in between I am NOT included haha), you will improve a lot and you will end up having very cool stuff!!  :):)

You've been so terribly kind and I see you provide a lot of really good feedback and critique on a number of peoples posts! I really admire you for it and dont be so humble you clearly know your stuff and I value your opinion highly, as many others do too evidently!

I really hope we become fast friends and continue to help one another throughout 🤗

Archived