Your Ad Could Be Here

Hello Fellow Songsters!

Man, that is a great idea! :yahoo:

The only thing is, like I said earlier, I hope to eventually not be so solitary -- and then the name would be kind of obsolete. And if I'm going to change it it's better to do it sooner rather than later. But you've really got me considering keeping the name now. ??? Maybe I should change it to something like arbiterry (arbitrary).... lol j/k

Seriously great suggestion though, John. Thanks!

Terry

umm...

TribuTerry

LMN-Terry

Secret-Terry

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
umm...

TribuTerry

LMN-Terry

Secret-Terry

Interesting suggestions, Rudi. I really like TribuTerry -- that's a good one for me maybe. At first I was confused by LMN-Terry (I was like, "What does LMN stand for? ??? 'Love My Name'? ;) ). Then, like Nightwolf with the name SolidTerry, when I said it out loud it made sense to me (elementary, right?).

Thanks for your input. I just might use TribuTerry. :thumb23:

Terry

;D

:) Well, I do have a little secret -- I am a legal secretary. I work in a huge, prestigious NYC law firm that has at least six other male legal secretarys on my night shift alone. It's pretty common in big cities like NY, L.A., etc. It's a cool job because much of the time there's a lot of down time and you can surf the web or read a book. In fact, I'm at work now as I type this. And the pay and benefits and perks are great. :)

But I don't want to use that as my music name because I don't want to even think about my daygig when I'm thinking about my music. And I don't want anyone to think I'm gay either (nothing against gays, of course). I have enough problems with people getting the wrong idea about the name SolidTerry.

SecretTerry presents a whole new set of problems. ;D

Terry

Have you considered calling yourself Flip? :)

Touché

:thumb23:

Hahahahaha....I've had a few laughs out of this thread and the front page of your site.

Welcome to songstuff!

I like your muisc, I'd like to be able to say more, but I honestly can't, as you can tell if you've listened to me...haha...But it's all good :)

Have a nice stay.

For the name, maybe you could use the name Conterry (contrary, haha)...Or maybe, I'd use this one, Captain Cool.

So, yeah, Have fun and hopefully someone here can help you with whatever you may want, I'd be surprised if they can't. This is a great group of people.

Bye!

Rob

Hahahahaha....I've had a few laughs out of this thread and the front page of your site.

Welcome to songstuff!

I like your muisc, I'd like to be able to say more, but I honestly can't, as you can tell if you've listened to me...haha...But it's all good :)

Have a nice stay.

For the name, maybe you could use the name Conterry (contrary, haha)...Or maybe, I'd use this one, Captain Cool.

So, yeah, Have fun and hopefully someone here can help you with whatever you may want, I'd be surprised if they can't. This is a great group of people.

Bye!

Rob

Hi Rob. :D Thanks much for the kind words and the suggestions. You're right -- this is a great bunch here. Especially compared to another site I've been checking out lately called _____. Have you heard of it? They're brutal over there, man. When you submit your music to their site they put it in one of three categories: rejected, featured, or 2nd stage (which is like being considered to be bumped up to the featured category). The reviewers can be kind of closed-minded and mean-spirited over there. Check them out if you get the chance and look at the rejects by clicking "rejects" near the top of the page and you'll see what I mean. I've posted my music on lots of different sites and people are always helpful and tactful with their comments. But _____ is something else. It seems like they only like certain kinds of music there. I posted 3 songs there at different times and all 3 got rejected, even though I know at least 2 of them are really good songs.

Anyway, enough about that. It's great to be here. And yes, I did listen to one of your songs called "Kicking Shadows". It's not exactly the best thing I've heard here, but if you really believe in yourself enough and take the advice of those who know what they're talking about in order to improve your music you can accomplish anything. I applaud you for having the guts and the honesty to post your music and receive the constructive suggestions that are offered. We've all got to start somewhere.

Take care buddy! :D

Terry

We don't believe in bashing other sites, sorry. John Nightwolf

Guest voclizr

I like that too. Soliterry. Could signify individuality and uniqueness. Neat artist name. I'd go for it! :)

John B.

Mornin', Terry. I'm a bit late to the party here, but welcome to Songstuff!

You'll like it here.

So long as you avoid Steve as much as possible. He's a bad egg, that one.

Have a good one,

Tom

Hi Tom -- thanks for the warm welcome. :D

Terry

Hi Terry, and Welcome! :)

I checked out your site. ROFL on the home page. "Didn't ask to be born, I was framed! Love it!

Your songs are different and refreshing with alot of potential.

You also have a decent singing voice IMHO.

As far as the demos: Don't kick yourself too hard there either. For a guy that doesen't have much experience, as you say, they sound pretty good to me (better than mine)! :D

There are alot of people here who can help you improve on that too, for sure!

You've come to the right place!

Enjoy!

:) John B.

Hi John B.,

Looks like I missed your post earlier. Thanks for the kind words and encouragement -- it really means a lot to me. I've totally revamped the site to reflect the change of name from 'solidterry' to 'tributerry', taking Rudi's advice.

I'm looking forward to absorbing lots of useful info here. The input I received from everyone, including yourself, for the name change was incredibly useful.

Take care!

Terry

Hey John -- I've decided to change my name from 'SolidTerry' to 'TribuTerry'. Is it possible to change my screen name or do I need to register again under the new name?

Terry

Hey Terry

I'll get it changed tomorrow, if that's ok? No need to re-register.

:)

Cheers

John

Hey Terry

I'll get it changed tomorrow, if that's ok? No need to re-register.

:)

Cheers

John

That's great, John. :thumb23: You're always on the case, man. Thanks much!

Terry

Hey Terry

Job done. A mail has been sent to you to confirm the details. :)

Cheers

John

Archived