Your Ad Could Be Here

Song Title Association Game

25 or 6 to 4 Chicago

I just found a lot of folks who think this is about drugs, but I like the one I know better.

This is the way I heard it:

25 or 624 is a reference to two different plane flights home from the recording session. They always had to decide "Should I try to do some more?". 25 left in the evening and flight 624 was the middle of the night "red-eye" flight.

Robert Lamm says;

Lamm says it's simpler than that. "The song is about writing a song. It's not mystical," he says. Take a look at some of the lyrics:

Waiting for the break of day--He's been up all night and now it's getting close to sunrise.

Searching for something to say--Trying to think of song lyrics.

Flashing lights against the sky--Perhaps stars or the traditional flashing neon hotel sign.

Giving up I close my eyes--He's exhausted and his eyes hurt from being open too long, so he closes them.