Your Ad Could Be Here

Bonus Tracks

I'm interested to know what people consider "bonus tracks" to be when on a CD/Album/Etc… What's the criteria for labeling it a bonus track?

I've seen it from time to time and have my own ideas but I'm interested in what other people here think. 

Hi Just1L, for me a bonus track  should be something a little out of the ordinary, an acoustic live version of a song, a massively different arrangement a previously unreleased track  or even a rare Demo! version

• Like 1

Good topic, Randy. I also agree with everything Thomas said^. I know that some artists put bonus tracks on an album because they didnt fit into the "flow" of the other songs on the album

• Like 1

Thomas/Michael - Thanks for your thoughts. Pretty well along the line of what I'd been thinking but it's always nice to hear others agree. 

Dave, Dave, Dave …. what's up dog?? (said in a Randy Jackson kind of way) Man, I shoulda seen that one coming. :) Can you only hear this #11 song on a music player that goes to 11 or 12?? Would I need to run it through your amp??? haha

• 1 month later...

When the band "Pentatonix" released their obligatory Christmas album, they included a bonus-track of Let It Go (from the Disney movie, Frozen) that, I happen to think, is much(!) better than the "official" movie version.  Obviously, the song "has nothing at all to do with Christmas."  However, since they were publishing an album anyway, they included it.  As a "bonus."

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HoboSage said:

A bonus track is another track you include to be ripped off for free on the internet.  They're all "bonus tracks."  :)

Randy, it's mid-March now.  How's that CD coming?

I have the complete vision, but I'm currently still lacking the funds to do what I want to do, the way I want to do it. Then there is the question, "Do I really want to do a CD or just have my songs mastered for iTunes?" Followed by the question regardless of what I do … "What do I expect out of it?" Then the last question "What's the point?" I've been so in the dumps about debt and health care, and my own health I can't seem to allow myself to waste a bunch of money on something so self-indulgent. So I guess, in short, I've been holding my own pity party for the past few months.

Yes Mike, already done many, many times.