Your Ad Could Be Here

How Many Guitars Do You Own?

I have 6, 3 acoustics and 3 electrics.

The electrics are an Epi LP custom that needs some work... a Godin Freeway Classic and an Ibanez AFS semi-hollow. the Ibanez is by far my favourite, but they're all decent guitars.

The three acoustic are an Ibanez EW, a Crafter (don't know the model...) and an old Arthur Hensel Artist guitar from the 30's that I'm taking to get restored soon. The Hensel is by far the nicest sounding of the 3, and once the luthier's done with it I have no doubt the other 2 will probably be retired...

Edited by LayneGreene

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone got an acoustic bass? Can you recommend it?

Acoustic uprights don't fair to well in any settings.  They are hard to mic and don't travel well.  Acoustic electric basses like El Captian 's don't last long. The braceing doesn't survive well against the string tension.

If you are looking for something with some (little) acoustic properties that amplifies well go for a u-bass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfffmBWCry0

The also have developed a special string for a more electric sound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JzF-5k0pog

• 2 months later...

Hi and welcome!

Well, cyberspace must contain a lot by now ;) Nice having you around!

//MMR

Welcome 'back' :lol:

Sorry QQ about that. Get that video back up in the other forum, if you haven't already :yes:

Gibson BB King Lucille

Gibson 335

Gibson 175

Fender Stratocaster

Fender Telecaster

Gretsch Nashville

Rickenbacker 12 string Tom Petty

Deering 5-string banjo

Acoustic (don't remember the builder)

i have 3 electrics ...im very jealous of all you guys with so many expensive guitars :drool:  mine are all a bit cheap but i still love them

a cobalt jackson dinky... which cost the most but is probly the least well made ....it scratches so easily!

a purple ibanez grg something ....omg i loved this one but the trem unit is always going wrong so now i cant play it

a peavey falcon which is very old but adorable ...again the trem unit went wrong so i had my guitar guy put something inside to fix the bridge rigid & now its my fave guitar...except for one thing its bright red & realy doesnt go with my hair colour so i play it on  a realy loooooong strap to get it as far away from my head as possible! :D

Edited by tinam

• Noob

i have 3 electrics ...im very jealous of all you guys with so many expensive guitars :drool:  mine are all a bit cheap but i still love them

That's the important thing! 

I have the following:

Fender Strat

Fender Tele Thinline Deluxe

Guild Acoustic

Montalvo classical

Fender Jazz Bass

Fender Precision Bass

Fender Lap Steel

More than I need really, but I really like having both the Strat and Tele, as the Strat has single coil pickups and the Tele has humbuckers.  One of my favorite recording tricks is to double guitar parts using each guitar and pan one hard left and one hard right.  When done effectively it creates a very big guitar sound.

I only have one. Its a black beaver creek guitar but I'm looking to get a new one soon because I don't think the way mine sounds. It was really cheap and considering I was 12 when I bought it I think its time for a better one

I guess I'm the hoarder. :guitar:    I have 15 - 7 electrics and 8 acoustics.  Gibson Les Paul & SG, Fender Strat & Tele, PRS 408 & DGT, Ibanez bass, two Martins, one Taylor, one Gibson, two Garrisons, one Guild 12 string, and a Crafter nylon classical.

rottenecard_27653390_dhbjkjzfk8.png

I guess I'm the hoarder. :guitar:    I have 15 - 7 electrics and 8 acoustics.  Gibson Les Paul & SG, Fender Strat & Tele, PRS 408 & DGT, Ibanez bass, two Martins, one Taylor, one Gibson, two Garrisons, one Guild 12 string, and a Crafter nylon classical.

rottenecard_27653390_dhbjkjzfk8.png

After your post I think that answer shuold be "How much money do you own?" :whistle:  :whistle: 

After your post I think that answer shuold be "How much money do you own?" :whistle:  :whistle:

Not as much as I used to!

This is my only vice.  Truthfully I don't drink; I don't smoke.  That's like two very nice guitars per year right there.  They're all different and they all get played.  I'm no Joe Bonamassa though:

25hl7ya.jpg

Depends on how you see it. I personally don't own any at all but somehow there is 4 upstairs...

One bass, one acoustic and 2 electric. Got no idea how to play them but hey - the sure look nice ;)

//MMR

I've got three electrics, an acoustic and a bass - quite a modest collection!

Electrics

• Vintage V6LB  (Strat copy) - my go to guitar, seems to be able to do anything
  • Coxx ES335 Copy - Lovely tone, was referred to by a friend as a blues-machine.  Looks great, but not quite as versatile as the Vintage
  • Hondo ES335 copy - massive personal value, was bought with a minor inheritance, so is the one that I will always keep.  Looks better than it plays to be honest, but for snarling Britpop sounds or anything involving some overdrive very useful.  Not so good clean.

Acoustic

• Made by Vintage - not a big gear-head, so don't know what it's emulating, but sounds good and has served me well for nearly twenty years. I bought it at a music show, discounted because of a slight blemish in the finish.  Has never let me down, and I know it so well now that I overlook it's minor shortcomings.

Bass

• Tensor Precision Bass copy - Plays well - traded a Yamaha fretless to buy it, and it sounds good though doesn't have the brand cachet. Not outstanding, but a decent workhorse, and reliable for recording.

25hl7ya.jpg

Sweet Jesus. Makes me wonder just what it is it that he's trying to compensate for?!?!?!?

Edited by Just1L

wow what a amazing bay window hes got in his house! never mind the guitars.. the curtain fabric mustve cost the earth!
Edited by tinam

As of right now, at the age of 15, I have 5. Four electrics, one acoustic.

-Green First Act Electric

-Epiphone Les Paul Special II

-Epiphone Goth 1958 Explorer

-Yamaha thin body acoustic/electric

-ESP Ltd. V-300 Electric

That ESP is my pride and joy :D

im fed up telling the truth !

ive got a ibanez JS1200 ....& ive got a huge bay window aswell to show it off aswell

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have 5 guitars

Tanglewood TW55 Nat Country Jumbo cutaway electro acoustic - - main guitar

Yamaha FG365 acoustic - 30 years old and beautiful soft tone

Tanglewood baby acoustic travel guitar

Tanglewood cedar top 12 string

Fender Baja Tele

I sold the 12 string and bought an Ibanez Acoustic Bass. Black and very nice.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a lefty

I have 7 Strats

2 american rightys -- stock - a '72 (3 bolt neck CBS) and a 2012 American Standard

2 mim rightys - one HH, the other HSS

1 mim lefty -- stock

2 righty squiers a stock Standard and an SE with P90's both with full size bodies

2 basses

1 mij lefty jazz bass

1 korean Spector lefty Legacy 4 bass

1 Ibanez acoustic

Last summer I sold/traded off 12 different guitars and

went back to a familiar feel - upside down Strats