Your Ad Could Be Here

Chat Chat Chat Chat Chat

john

2 hours ago, Patchez said:

Well if'n you eat them, serves you right, - last laugh, well, sort of :) 

I've eaten many different animals, snakes, lizards, insects, and sea snails along the way; I don't remember any slugs. I never had any bad reactions to any of them but I made sure the natives were eating them first.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, John W Selleck said:

I've eaten many different animals, snakes, lizards, insects, and sea snails along the way; I don't remember any slugs. I never had any bad reactions to any of them but I made sure the natives were eating them first.

Yeah i've always maintained that I'll eat anything once, several things I've had I was glad I didn't know what they were first, Menudo is now one of my favorite Mexican dishes, I might of skipped that one had I known it was mostly pig colon/intestines :) 

• Like 1

On 7/8/2020 at 7:32 PM, Patchez said:

What the coffee bean again, that gets digested first, (some animal), -- "processed" then is ready to brew? ;) hahhh, fine organic indeed :) Its enough to make a man start drinking "Tea", OMG. 

Had a girlfriend that drank that stuff until I ruined it for her forever telling her where it came from!

Got woke up by a vacuum salesman today, boy he was a long way from home........Told him no thanks I used to sell those too, got my free one and quit, but you're welcome to come on in and do the floors.  He took his business card back and said have a nice day! Easiest blow-off ever hahah

On 7/9/2020 at 10:26 AM, Cody said:

Yeah i've always maintained that I'll eat anything once, several things I've had I was glad I didn't know what they were first, Menudo is now one of my favorite Mexican dishes, I might of skipped that one had I known it was mostly pig colon/intestines :) 

Certain things I draw the line at, like poisonous, or squishy insects. they can keep the grubs/larvae/pupae... I do like my menudo though

1 hour ago, Patchez said:

How to ruin a perfectly good classic rock song, Joisey style?

It only takes 4 "lead" guitar players... O M G Richie must have burned most of his guitars that night:  :) 

hahahah sooooooo many Marshalls :) I kept expecting one to pull out their "slide" and use it hahaha......there was really a rhythm guitarist too hahaha playing what looked like an 8string? or maybe just a 12 just didn't see all the pegs or a baritone....he gets no camera love hahah.  

40 minutes ago, John W Selleck said:

Certain things I draw the line at, like poisonous, or squishy insects. they can keep the grubs/larvae/pupae... I do like my menudo though

yeah same here....chocolate covered grasshoppers or ants on the other hand were also surprisingly wonderful like a nestle crunch bar :D

• Like 1

A sad day.....my really crappy old DOD/Digitech multifx pedal just finally crapped the bed I've had it since the late 90's one of the few pieces of music equipment I've hung onto over the years, mostly because it is so crappy nobody would steal it, or offer me any money for it that I couldn't refuse ;)  hahah, but I love(d) it dearly.  It had some great fx on it  not found but for a year maybe two in its run....a really awesome ring modulator for one, a great mid scoop distortion for two....I have pedals for that though........I almost never used, but it was always there, was a great thing for me to write with....I get sick of hearing the same guitars making the same progressions over and over, so when i'm just having fun of course I broke that noisy thing out :).  It just started smoking... hahaha still powers up, and looking at the board I think the output just fried....maybe fixable with a wire jump? I'll refrain from giving it a proper burial right away. 

Poor thing was so over abused and craptastic to begin with it was a miracle it has worked this long.....had to put own presets back in it every time you powered it down, and all the preloaded 120 or so all sounded terrible, maybe the universe telling me it was time to move on? hahah! R.I.P crappy pedal, we had a great run!

board.jpg.8e12d6624bd69cab0591f389ad9e6e94.jpgProbably the best thing for it hahah, it would make a nice wall piece I found another equally crappy but new one for $35 will probably just get it, to satisfy my lust for extra annoying noises...

That was all I could see that was burnt up......and it was just a little poof of smoke, but unmistakable burnt wires smell, thought the dog took up a dope smoking habit hahah

Edited by Cody
people that can draw with a mouse amaze me hahaha

Just edited original..........I think it's a problem with the copper wire that connects to the board? dunno, yeah it doesn't take batteries just a 9v plug....and it was made in 99 and had it's heyday Im always amazed when it does come on hahah. 

yeah I've often wanted and been intrigued by variacs......i think that's where the magical brown note might lie hahahah

I'll just hang it on the wall ;) it will make a nice piece

20200719_193822.thumb.jpg.2d9c119fe340dfc056612c5b0cd79ea1.jpg

I don't know what that no MOO MOO at the bottom means? they have something against cows? hah!

and you might be surprised about some of your pedals, there's a lot who will pay big dollars for vintage stuff after they've tried and found plug-ins not to their liking

Edited by Cody

Yeah it found a new home on the back of my guitar stand......, and thanks....it was the Tek4,  its folk art now ;)  not surprising the heat did it, just kind of sur prised it took this long hahah...it has been getting probably 120+ inside there during the daytime....  I'll blame the touchpad for my shakiness hahah ;) had nothing to do with massive amounts of coffee :) 20200719_234531.thumb.jpg.e678faa7c7f3c71f4a5a0614b6819097.jpg

Yeah it was just made in a few year run......before Dod/digitech split, that ring modulator is well known among pedal heads, and it's same exact Fuzz as that Grunge distortion digitech pedal so many rave about, but that's one of the 3 options in another pedal I already have.  

And thanks! Actually did that floor myself! I hate cement work! hahah I should of put a few expansion joints in it....it is all one solid slab, but it's just a barn ;) and hasn't cracked yet, it will in time though........The underground lair is going to have to wait until fall/winter ;) 

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Patchez said:

Additionally, since that ominous photo was posted, -- how, when and why did the "Highlanders" form? Still exist today, and if so in what capacity? 

I actually went and did some reading on that very subject :D One interesting thing I read similar to Ireland there's more descendants of the Highlanders living abroad than in Scotland now.  

9 hours ago, Cody said:

I actually went and did some reading on that very subject :D One interesting thing I read similar to Ireland there's more descendants of the Highlanders living abroad than in Scotland now.  

Politics of it all aside, and purely as a historic journey, yes, due to the highland clearances... an example of ethnic cleansing conducted by the British government over a long period of time. Before the Jacobite rebellions as a way to enforce conformance and hog-tie the Scots and post Jacobite rebellion, bagpipes, tartan, weapons and even speaking Gaelic were banned and punishment ensued. The highlands were emptied of people who were sent to the colonies as indentured slaves, making way for sheep farms. Entire villages were slaughtered by an English general claiming “God will know his own”. At the time poverty was rife. Potatoes made up 98% of the Scot’s diet. 99% of the Irish diet. When the potato famine came thousands died. Crimes like stealing a loaf of bread were punished with either serving in the British army as canon fodder or sent to the colonies as a prisoner (slave labour) for 20 year sentences. The repercussions of the depopulation still resonate today.

Mostly the clearances sent Scots to America, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. Famine and poverty also saw a load of Irish going to America for a better life. Ironically it is why There were so many Scots and Irish in America and why so many sparked and then fuelled the American revolution. Also why Scots help draft and sign the American Declaration of Independence which I understand was influenced by the Scot’s Declaration of Arbroath, 1320, where Scotland asserted it’s independence from England after the English King’s betrayal and greed saw England try to annex Scotland only to be ejected in the Scottish wars of independence with William Wallace (Braveheart) and finally Robert The Bruce.

You might find this Wikipedia entry interesting: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Americans

Scottish influence on America is significant. Everything from the congregation model of churches, the Scot’s moral philosophy, the influence of that philosophy and social thinking of Robert Burns on early presidents including Abe Lincoln, through to the Davidson brothers from Harley Davidson lol it’s an interesting connection.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, john said:

You might find this Wikipedia entry interesting: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Americans

I will read that! all interesting stuff to me, so much buried history.  

3 hours ago, john said:

an example of ethnic cleansing conducted by the British government over a long period of time. Before the Jacobite rebellions as a way to enforce conformance and hog-tie the Scots and post Jacobite rebellion, bagpipes, tartan, weapons and even speaking Gaelic were banned and punishment ensued. The highlands were emptied of people who were sent to the colonies as indentured slaves, making way for sheep farms. Entire villages were slaughtered by an English general claiming “God will know his own”. At the time poverty was rife. Potatoes made up 98% of the Scot’s diet. 99% of the Irish diet. When the potato famine came thousands died. Crimes like stealing a loaf of bread were punished with either serving in the British army as canon fodder or sent to the colonies as a prisoner (slave labour) for 20 year sentences. The repercussions of the depopulation still resonate today.

Another lesson learned from America's government, why there was a real effort of genocide on the natives here, all the "re-education" "assimilation" stuff was just a front to put on a good face 😕  not wanting pesky nuisances elsewhere later :D 

• 2 weeks later...