Your Ad Could Be Here

Chat Chat Chat Chat Chat

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, i wonder... for instance... so many things on my mind. How about: why do you make music and what is your goal?

In my case, i make music because it is the only good thing i have learnt beside speaking English. 

46 minutes ago, Richard Watashi said:

Hmm, i wonder... for instance... so many things on my mind. How about: why do you make music and what is your goal?

In my case, i make music because it is the only good thing i have learnt beside speaking English. 

I speak almost passable Mexican(different than Spanish), never really bothered to learn a second language, have just picked that up along the way.  I always thought Portuguese would be nice to know. 

As far as music goes, just kind of always have.....was never really a conscious decision(other than trying to quit a few times) until probably my late 20's or so, failed at so many other things in life, it's easy being a failed/struggling musician :) .....really just an outlet now, helps keep me from doing too many stupid things ( all at once anyway :) )  

Man, stay safe. I also started produce around my mid 20's. Second language isn't that needed when you are born in English-speaking countries. My native language is CZech Language.

@Patchez You are right, i complain a lot but i am finished with that. I won't do that much since now. Complaining is often mean, and i don't want to cause dramatas. 

Also i take the sentence before the last one as a compliment. If you call me maybe an artist, it is nice. I hope i am. :) 

You are welcome. -_^ 

13 hours ago, Richard Watashi said:

Man, stay safe. I also started produce around my mid 20's. Second language isn't that needed when you are born in English-speaking countries. My native language is CZech Language.

Its nice around this part of the US (SW mostly) to know some Spanish or be really good at charades :), those that don't bother are missing out on some great conversations/recipes.  

3 hours ago, Patchez said:

"That" was the one time in the decades online I ever saw a, "oh my I am so sorry", "so mistaken", and I think hinted at, "was hammered" as well, sitting at the PC Screen in Bunny Slippers with a 64 oz Glass of Wine, kids screaming in the next room and a real "phuckU primer of a day" cocked ready to go off. 

-- In my life, life time, that was the first "applogy" I ever say, and not in a pm, in the forum. I was stunned at what I was seeing. It really made me feal, how to say and have the context meaning, -- "safe" in the "online" paradigm, et alia. 

-- Actually that was one of the most positive interactions I've had too, in that, -- proceeding..., was like it never happened. How it should be, imnho. It kind of scared off some of the sudo-cool-kids too ;) hahhh. Oh my where WERE they? (Trolls)

That's amazing.....and unheard of :) 

Last little thing I had to do to that 12 string was the bridge had some chunks out of it, wasnt sure it would be a problem, but it was.  Flew out of my hand while on the grinder, massive barnwide scavenger hunt after it cools down :)I didnt even hear it land....no clue where to start hah...was chrome, found one preshaped bone one for roughly 20, dont want to but might have to....dont want to carve one with that curve from a blank and dont really want to use wood, this one is right dimensions at least.

https://www.philadelphialuthiertools.com/acoustic-parts/replacement-adjustable-bone-saddle-for-gibson-acoustic-guitars/

28 minutes ago, Patchez said:

You posted many pics of that elsewhere, -- not sure where there though. 

That had an adjustable saddle metal bridge? 

Grinder wheels spin "down", if on the Right Side Wheel, -- probably went to the right? Or, say ;) hahhh... happened to me, if have a cuff in your work pants, -- check the Cuff! Esp if didn't hear it hit. One in a million I'd be right, but very cool if was. Or, check the dog ;) -- is he walking funny again? :) 

yeah that'd  be nice, but I think it went off the spark guard and up (I'm an idiot I'm in shorts and flip flops :))  I'd of felt it.....it's probably 120 inside there now, I'll have to look this evening it's not anywhere in the open or just behind the table.

Yeah I'll post some  finished pics here eventually....I'll look for the one of how it came to me real quick...

not my smoothest disassembly :) 

20200423_103315.jpg

20200423_103256.jpg

20200430_131438.jpg

I'm happy with how adding a working truss worked out, I did tension it up with a few strings and got the neck mostly straight.... and as a drum(a good indicator of how it will sound with strings) it sounds a lot better than I expected after having to cut a new back out of a dresser drawer :) 

still lots of sanding and other meh work to do, but it's getting there, I should be happy with it. 

20200613_172810.jpg

20200613_172615.jpg

1 hour ago, Patchez said:

I want to play it :) hahhh... -- looks good to me. Remember the one with all the Blood you used to paint the inside of it with? Nice heavy coating... supposed to use two thin coats I've been told ;) Well, next one after this maybe... when you're barefooted and no shirt due to the heat. 🤓

hahaha yup, so far I don't think I've bled on this one, though did get myself taking tappa off of cajon for the second time in as many weeks :)  just an exacto knife there so nowhere near the explosion that coated inside of that poor nylon string from a good thumb chiseling ;) 

Turned on the light and bingo! glad it was shiny....that's about 8ft up  and about 5ft to the left of where I was....I don't think I would of looked there, it must of landed perfectly :) 

20200613_160845 (1).jpg

yeah must of landed right on that electric chord and insulation.....that's the wall, was just hanging out on that 2x6 :) I even looked in the ceiling thinking maybe it stuck hahaha.

and I had to go look, wasn't hard to find, one of the few pictures I've named

Fking Chisel :) 

I was actually scared for awhile, that foam glue/my blood/and it was goop or some othersuch crazy glue all started to turn black, thought I might of made some mad scientist concoction that was going to kill the world

maybe we know where covid came from :) 

Fucking chisel.jpg

Great laugh while making an apple crisp from one of my I guess.... great-great aunties recipies(probably written in the 1920s)

" make a flour crumble as you would for biscuits"(I know a lot of folk who consider themselves chefs that can barely open a can of biscuits) :) 

Pretty good recipe book, full of all kinds of stuff like that..........make a butter rue ( hahah people need recipes for that) ahhh she was a good old hag :) 

I once broke my acoustic guitar on intention. I wanted to bash it towards the floor, and so i did. I wanted to know.. well, how does it feel :D 

Feels pretty good, doesn't it? :) 

I used one like a golf club against a cinder block once.....I've played a lot of baseball and that was the sweetest hit through wood I've ever felt......cinder block went about 15ft too :) 

haha :) It didn't feel that good, though. It was stupid, you know. I could learn to play it well, if i didn't break it. 

i wont waste my time sleeping , when it is such a sunny day :) Though i didnt sleep over the night. But i hope we can chat like we did over the last night . Now, i am already starting to set the chat up :D 

21 hours ago, Cody said:

Feels pretty good, doesn't it? :) 

I used one like a golf club against a cinder block once.....I've played a lot of baseball and that was the sweetest hit through wood I've ever felt......cinder block went about 15ft too :) 

When I worked as an auto mechanic one of the best feelings was driving in demolition derbies. Nobody could fix them after I was done with them...

18 minutes ago, Patchez said:

But, man, that underwear and shoes thing... just really annoys the krappe outta me. :) :dancingstick: 

And hell, I even have to put in my teeth! But honestly, where I live, you can go anywhere in flip-flops and commando...

Archived