Your Ad Could Be Here

Chat Chat Chat Chat Chat

11 hours ago, Rudi said:

I just read this from the 'Persona' thread by Pahchisme Plaid.

Well I dreamed of being here on songstuff and hearing an excellent recording of 'Popcorn' played by Tapper Mike. He played it on a Fender guitar which sounded exactly like a chicken.

I awoke determined to try and get the chicken sound, and incorporate it into something of mine.

My career would have taken off by now if I could get a guitar to sound like a chicken....

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, Tried to figure it out from memory, then looked on youtube found the metal version (no chickens were harmed)

Just wanted you guys to know, the adapter to my computer broke on me and since I have a Mac.... I couldn't just go to the store and get another one.  I FINALLY got the new one in the mail, haven't been trying to avoid everyone just haven't had too much access to forums.  

15 hours ago, TapperMike said:

Thanks, Tried to figure it out from memory, then looked on youtube found the metal version (no chickens were harmed)

I preferred your version man.

21 hours ago, TapperMike said:

No idea what the popcorn song IS, but that was pretty awesome haha

I just had to share this video my son made. He's 10 and I can say I'm very happy for him that he 1) did the whole thing by himself and 2) worked like a mad man for 2 1/2 days to get it all finished. It's a 10-minute version of Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. Also happy for him that he appreciates the classics. :)

16 hours ago, Just1L said:

I just had to share this video my son made. He's 10 and I can say I'm very happy for him that he 1) did the whole thing by himself and 2) worked like a mad man for 2 1/2 days to get it all finished. It's a 10-minute version of Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. Also happy for him that he appreciates the classics. :)

My son was truly entertained by this.  Same age as yours.  He was fascinated and wanted to know how he made it, where he got the music, etc.  your son has wonderful creativity and imagination!

1 hour ago, Pahchisme Plaid said:

My son was truly entertained by this.  Same age as yours.  He was fascinated and wanted to know how he made it, where he got the music, etc.  your son has wonderful creativity and imagination!

Thank you. Glad your son enjoyed it. He did everything in iMovie except he used Photoshop for the cover image. All the voices he just recorded himself and then played with a voice manipulation tool it apparently has. For the music he video'd the TV with the parts he needed so he could get the music and then got the audio out of that. Some of the music and sounds are sound effects he found online as well. 

I'll never look at a tomato the same way again :P

On 8/14/2017 at 3:31 PM, Just1L said:

"Tomatoes are apples!"  "He means fruit... tomatoes are fruit..."  "Run, jump!" *head falls off*  LOLLLLLL  That was legitimately funny.  Your son has a great sense of humor, and I was impressed how just how many jokes he actually executed well.  And he added all those old timey showtunes in, that was also not something I expected from a 10 year old.  I hope he continues to do this as he grows up, I can see these videos getting better and better and him gaining a following.  I'd subscribe to it!  

1 minute ago, symphonious7 said:

"Tomatoes are apples!"  "He means fruit... tomatoes are fruit..."  "Run, jump!" *head falls off*  LOLLLLLL  That was legitimately funny.  Your son has a great sense of humor, and I was impressed how just how many jokes he actually executed well.  And he added all those old timey showtunes in, that was also not something I expected from a 10 year old.  I hope he continues to do this as he grows up, I can see these videos getting better and better and him gaining a following.  I'd subscribe to it!  

Yeah, if you recall the scene for the actual movie, they used an offensive term where he uses "apples". He did have the offensive term originally but asked if it was okay, since it was straight from the movie. We gave him the scoop and so he easily decided not to use the offensive term. I too thought it was hilarious he used "apples" for the replacement, since he actually used a lego apple (cuz he didn't have a tomato). He's got a mind of his own. If you ever get back to his channel, I suggest watching his lego snow white and the 7 dwarves he did. I did help and do most of the editing in iMovie, but he set up the scenes, the lighting and took the photos, everything … and he was 3 at the time. The actual dwarves are the creepiest characters you will find but it's still pretty cool.

3 minutes ago, Just1L said:

Yeah, if you recall the scene for the actual movie, they used an offensive term where he uses "apples". He did have the offensive term originally but asked if it was okay, since it was straight from the movie. We gave him the scoop and so he easily decided not to use the offensive term. I too thought it was hilarious he used "apples" for the replacement, since he actually used a lego apple (cuz he didn't have a tomato). He's got a mind of his own. If you ever get back to his channel, I suggest watching his lego snow white and the 7 dwarves he did. I did help and do most of the editing in iMovie, but he set up the scenes, the lighting and took the photos, everything … and he was 3 at the time. The actual dwarves are the creepiest characters you will find but it's still pretty cool.

Oh he DOES have more?  I wasn't lying when I said I'd subscribe to this so... I'm gonna subscribe to this! haha

1 minute ago, symphonious7 said:

Oh he DOES have more?  I wasn't lying when I said I'd subscribe to this so... I'm gonna subscribe to this! haha

Awesome. :) I suggest watching him sing Cherry Bomb too, he sang it all week long on our vacation once. It's just kind of funny. Ahhh, good times. 

12 minutes ago, Just1L said:

It is unbelievably intriguing when the mind of a child is expressed outwardly.  They perceive, process, create and know far more than we give them credit for.  Soaking sponges--man! To have an unimpeded thought process like that again!

5 minutes ago, Pahchisme Plaid said:

It is unbelievably intriguing when the mind of a child is expressed outwardly.  They perceive, process, create and know far more than we give them credit for.  Soaking sponges--man! To have an unimpeded thought process like that again!

Oh I know right??  How to I get back to THAT!

12 minutes ago, Pahchisme Plaid said:

Yeah, nothing like an uncluttered mind. :)

1 hour ago, Just1L said:

Awesome. :) I suggest watching him sing Cherry Bomb too, he sang it all week long on our vacation once. It's just kind of funny. Ahhh, good times. 

Sorry, I realized this one is on my channel. 

• 2 weeks later...

Last nights broadcast of the BBC Proms was terrific. It featured the music of Charles Mingus. So a lot of young jazz players augmented the chamber ensemble.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/ed56q9

10 minutes ago, Rudi said:

Last nights broadcast of the BBC Proms was terrific. It featured the music of Charles Mingus. So a lot of young jazz players augmented the chamber ensemble.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/ed56q9

I LOVE him!!  I'm only familiar with his Black Saint and the Sinner Lady album, but I meant to check out more and just never did.   Thanks for sharing!

3 hours ago, symphonious7 said:

I LOVE him!!  I'm only familiar with his Black Saint and the Sinner Lady album, but I meant to check out more and just never did.   Thanks for sharing!

Black Saint & Sinner Lady is of course large band similar to the Proms presentation.

The 1st Mingus I heard was 'Ah Um'. Cant go wrong with that album.

Archived