Your Ad Could Be Here

Chat Chat Chat Chat Chat

1 hour ago, Rudi said:

yeah thats what i thought.

Looking forward to that 5th post Nathaniel.

Nathaniel’s made 11 posts. His reputation is 4. Just saying lol 

C’mon Nathaniel, you can do it! Be the little poster that could ;)

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need another cup of tea, but its 7 minutes past noon.

To hell with insomnia. I'm brewing up anyway

• 3 weeks later...

This is my 3rd day here, so I think I've plucked enough courage to ask the question I really came to find the answer to, which is this: who started the trend of calling a lyric "the lyrics"?

35 minutes ago, Glammerocity said:

This is my 3rd day here, so I think I've plucked enough courage to ask the question I really came to find the answer to, which is this: who started the trend of calling a lyric "the lyrics"?

Lol

I reckon it was the same person who re-imagined a producer as being a bedroom musician (read music enthusiast) with a computer :)

35 minutes ago, john said:

Lol

I reckon it was the same person who re-imagined a producer as being a bedroom musician (read music enthusiast) with a computer :)

Heh. How many producers does it take to change a lightbulb?

Well, what do you think?

Even though this is more of an 8th/9th day question ...

"Lyric" derives via Latin lyricus from the Greek λυρικός (lyrikós),[1] the adjectival form of lyre.[2] It first appeared in English in the mid-16th century in reference, to the Earl of Surrey's translations of Petrarch and to his own sonnets.[3] Greek lyric poetry had been defined by the manner in which it was sung accompanied by the lyre or cithara,[4] as opposed to the chanted formal epics or the more passionate elegiesaccompanied by the flute. The personal nature of many of the verses of the Nine Lyric Poets led to the present sense of "lyric poetry" but the original Greek sense—words set to music—eventually led to its use as "lyrics", first attested in Stainer and Barrett's 1876 Dictionary of Musical Terms.[5] Stainer and Barrett used the word as a singular substantive: "Lyric, poetry or blank verse intended to be set to music and sung". By the 1930s, the present use of the plurale tantum "lyrics" had begun; it has been standard since the 1950s.[1] The singular form "lyric" still appears; its present use, however, is to refer to a specific phrase within a song's lyrics.

Just1L, thats a answer.

Sometimes implied plurals are just word memes.

Like the the shortened Math (US) or Maths (UK) for Mathematics. Or do Americans say 'Mathematic' also?

Also when Americans say down the road a 'ways'. It implies there are multiple paths leading off & trodden instead of going further down the road already established.

My dad used to use a word that has almost disappeared (and deserves to); phlegmatic, which means calm and unflappable. Its origin is said to be that phlegm was assumed to be responsible for that disposition, which notion is as crazy as a bag of cats

20 hours ago, Just1L said:

Even though this is more of an 8th/9th day question ...

"Lyric" derives via Latin lyricus from the Greek λυρικός (lyrikós),[1] the adjectival form of lyre.[2] It first appeared in English in the mid-16th century in reference, to the Earl of Surrey's translations of Petrarch and to his own sonnets.[3] Greek lyric poetry had been defined by the manner in which it was sung accompanied by the lyre or cithara,[4] as opposed to the chanted formal epics or the more passionate elegiesaccompanied by the flute. The personal nature of many of the verses of the Nine Lyric Poets led to the present sense of "lyric poetry" but the original Greek sense—words set to music—eventually led to its use as "lyrics", first attested in Stainer and Barrett's 1876 Dictionary of Musical Terms.[5] Stainer and Barrett used the word as a singular substantive: "Lyric, poetry or blank verse intended to be set to music and sung". By the 1930s, the present use of the plurale tantum "lyrics" had begun; it has been standard since the 1950s.[1] The singular form "lyric" still appears; its present use, however, is to refer to a specific phrase within a song's lyrics.

This would be a great chorus.

• 11 months later...

Hi.

I`m new here and a newbee when it comes to create music.

I started with music when our grandchild died during birth as a way

for me to handle the griff, and I continued to learn how to play instruments.

And now I bought a midi keyboard and did a "house" song for fun to my german neighbor.

I can`t speak german, I`m from Sweden 😉

My last "rock" song is here: 

The funny song is here: 😉 By the way, he is a metalhead but he liked it 😉

• 1 month later...

Where do we go now? Where do we go?

Where do we go now?

ay ay ay ay

Where do we go now?

Now I have to listen to it! haha

By the way, did you hear the version they made in the (super great film, in my opinion) "Captain Fantastic"? It's not as cool as the original, but I liked it!

14 hours ago, Michan said:

Now I have to listen to it! haha

By the way, did you hear the version they made in the (super great film, in my opinion) "Captain Fantastic"? It's not as cool as the original, but I liked it!

No, I had never heard that. Thanks for sharing.

• 2 months later...

I just had to share this. My son is in the marching band and this year he switched from clarinet to bass guitar, and at a good time. This year's theme is Led Zeppelin and they had their first performance Friday night where they walked up to the front, plugged into a few amps and finished the song out. Some people say kids don't like or listen to rock music. Maybe they need to find new kids. :)

1 hour ago, Just1L said:

I just had to share this. My son is in the marching band and this year he switched from clarinet to bass guitar, and at a good time. This year's theme is Led Zeppelin and they had their first performance Friday night where they walked up to the front, plugged into a few amps and finished the song out. Some people say kids don't like or listen to rock music. Maybe they need to find new kids. :)

i was just talking about Led Zepplin yesterday. A young man had an LZ shirt on...struck up a conversation and now this! what an awesome vid! glad I got to see it! The bass was solid 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2018 at 3:12 PM, Rudi said:

I've only ever made one. I call it rhubarb.

I`m not sure 😉

Pop, poprock, rock, alternative, ?????????????

https://www.bildeffekt.se/

• 1 month later...

My latest music now on Spotify.

Cloose your eyes and relax, it`s my attempt to make a "calm" song.

Instrumental and I really hope that you like it 😉

Best regards Mikael (SWEDEN)

https://open.spotify.com/album/4dMmLCinUXK0UnMB1oYMas

Archived