Your Ad Could Be Here

Hi! 

I'm a noob who doesn't believe he's TOTALLY beyond help, but is apt to post questions about music software and mixing that will seem utterly obvious to 99% of all those who read them.  Which is great, because hopefully that means they'll be answered that little bit quicker and I'll be outta your hair!  (I had some of that stuff before I tried using computers to write music AND got a girlfriend.  Now my skull is best viewed through sunglasses to protect eyes from reflected glare...)  I like to think I'm getting better - mainly because I couldn't really get any worse - but I DO have questions to ask before I can start posting stuff to be guffawed at (you will, I don't mind, at least that shows it's been listened to)

I write everything on a notation package, QSE Level 2, which I think is the best thing in the world to write music on.  It lets you mix as you go along so you can hear what the final output will sound like as you're writing it.  I use an XP computer because my software doesn't like 7 or 10 - we'll file my opinions of Vista and 8 under X-rated and not for small children.  Basicall,y I'm here for some software answers and loadsa mixing help so I get to understand what the heck I'm doing wrong with the process.  Just so you know - I don't use loops/samples (not counting sampled instrument VSTs) everything you hear is written by me, note-by-note so you can't tell me to 'use better samples'/'use better loops' I don't THINK, because QSE only does notation.  If my thinking's wrong, tell me. 

Yours hopefully, Chris.