Your Ad Could Be Here

Howdy

I have been writing lyrics since 1965 and songs since 2001. I have had a little success; a co-write that went #1 on the UK CMA charts for 2 weeks and was in the top 100 across Europe for 21 weeks. I have written 300+ lyrics and 200+ songs along with a # of co-writes. I currently have 100+ lyrics looking for music. Anyone who likes may email or PM me.

Hi John,

Welcome to Songstuff! That's alot of lyrics and songs. Congrats on your successes. We have a colloration board that you might be interested in posting on.

https://forums.songstuff.com/forum/230-collaboration/

Need any help  or have questions?  Just ask.  See you around the boards.

:)

Peggy

Welcome to the Songstuff family John!

It’s good you have some valuable experience on your side. What are your musical goals just now?

Hi other John,

I am always looking for musical co-writers and my big goal is getting more published, by an artist or TV/Movies. I have some stuff you can hear at www.soundclick.com/johnwselleck or /johnselleck or /johnsings. I am continually writing lyrics. If interested, let me know, and written agreements are the way to go.

Thanks,

John

Hi Peggy,

And thanks for the welcome. The forum I posted on for many years is not what it was. I am looking for a new home. I will be off for a couple of days while I move. But you will see, and hopefully he, plenty from me.

Thanks again,

John

15 hours ago, John W Selleck said:

Hi other John,

I am always looking for musical co-writers and my big goal is getting more published, by an artist or TV/Movies. I have some stuff you can hear at www.soundclick.com/johnwselleck or /johnselleck or /johnsings. I am continually writing lyrics. If interested, let me know, and written agreements are the way to go.

Thanks,

John

It's a good goal. Do you have a strategy in mind? Self-published or are you signed?

I am off to have a listen. I couldn't agree more: written agreements upfront are the way to go. You can always amend by consent after the fact. It's liberating to have the biz dealt with, no elephant in the room, so to speak.

Hi John,

I don't have a publisher, but always looking for one. Right now I am pitching to a couple of different ones that have open submissions, and I have one song pitcher with some connections to TV/movie soundtrack people, he takes 50% if he finds someone to publish. I hope they work out but if not... I tell all of my musical co-writers if they can get anything published, where it makes money, I will be happy with 25% of profits. If I get them placed, 50% is fine. I just want to get my stuff out there and being listened to.
Thanks again,

John

Welcome and good luck! I wish I had that kind of drive. I just don't. 

But, may 2020 make EVERYONE's wishes come true. 

Lyrics from BELIEVE:

Failure leads to success 

Success won't let you rest 

I believe that. Keep plugging away and good things are bound to happen. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Snowman,

Thanks for the visit. When i see that pic it makes me think of William Blake's "The Rose". I really don't have  so much ambition anymore,just plugging along from my PC and seeing what I can accomplish. But ya gotta believe.

On 1/17/2020 at 5:07 PM, John W Selleck said:

William Blake's "The Rose". I really don't have  so much ambition anymore,just plugging along from my PC and seeing what I can accomplish. But ya gotta believe.

Yes, you do. Thanks about the Skull Flower. It's a Naoto Hattori. He's a Japanese Surrealist that I collect. I own the original of this. His work is AMAZING and miniature. This painting is only about 2" x 2" and the detail makes your mouth drop. 

5 hours ago, Snowman said:

Yes, you do. Thanks about the Skull Flower. It's a Naoto Hattori. He's a Japanese Surrealist that I collect. I own the original of this. His work is AMAZING and miniature. This painting is only about 2" x 2" and the detail makes your mouth drop. 

Have you ever seen William Blake's  illustrations? Some of them are amazing.

6 hours ago, Snowman said:

I just looked him up. That is some amazing illustrations. With fancy prices to boot. 

One day I will own a complete set of Dali's Divine Comedy. One day...

Good Luck,

I am financially secure enough I can only afford to look but that brings me enough joy.

Archived