Your Ad Could Be Here

What are you listening to at the moment?

Never heard these before but I'm really enjoying them 😊🎧

This is an 80's soul/R&B song and I really like the reggae beat in it.

I don't know how to pronounce the title of this composition but the dynamics are pretty wild! Such an impressive sound - lengthy - but I am hooked on it! 😄

Edited by ImKeN

1 hour ago, Sreyashi Mukherjee said:

Of course angels exist.. especially on quiet Sunday evenings spent in dim light.. :)

Thanks for sending the heavenly vibes, my way! *sigh* 😌 Her voice is one of a kind.

Edited by ImKeN
  • Like 1

• Editors

BEAUTIFUL! I've been just mesmerised all day.

• Like 2

My favorite place to buy blu-rays was half.com, a subsidiary of ebay. Prices started at .75 with s/h for the first item at $3 and each additional title from the same seller $1.79. So, you could pay as little as 2.55 for a blu-ray or CD. Due to the fact the site was great for buyers, ebay decided to close it.

So what’s this have to do with this thread?

I wanted to have complete collections of Joplin, Hendrix, Dylan’s early work, and the Carpenters. Half.com closed 8/31/2017 and I’m now only missing a few of the above artists. The Carpenters are actually the hardest to find cheap.

I know Dylan is an ICON. But, until you’ve put on his early work and listened to all the songs, I don’t think you can have a true appreciation for just how magnificent he is. Brilliant album after album after album.

I was only missing Hendrix’s first album and WOW. He just wasn’t human. To think those sounds were made in the 60s is incomprehensible. (Did anyone know he was an excellent artist also? They had drawings he did on display at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. He was the total package).

Karen Carpenter IMO has the single most beautiful voice ever. I could listen to her sing the phone book. But, Richard was just as important as he arranged all their music. I was fortunate to see him in a rare concert at Foxwoods in CT years ago. (got his autograph also).

But, I do have a few newbies I’ve been listening to –

Melanie Martinez. Weird and great. Her live show was AWFUL.

Sia – I know she’s a pop star. But, she’s put out two great albums in a row. Not a clunker on either release.

The complete Edith Piaf. Don’t understand a word she’s singing. But, what a voice.

• Editors

The title is a coincidence. lol

Chris Stapleton can really take a simple feeling and express it so well. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...