Your Ad Could Be Here

Toronto producers Atom and Bluxz recently released a new music video

• Noob

https://youtu.be/Ad-u_bSbFlM

Love Never Dies” opens on pulsing synths, followed by a potent trap beat and the entry of 5Star’s voice, which is grand, full of snarling tones and a tight flow. When Dallas jumps in, her slightly deeper voice really kicks the song in the ass. The interplay between the two voices is luscious, sensual, and wickedly alluring.

The harmonic stream wavers and undulates on simmering, oozing colors from the synths that throb and glow with iridescent energy. A skiffing guitar infuses the tune with thick, dirty, scratching tones, adding to the song’s sonic pressure.

“How’m I gonna lie / I was f*cking with your feelings / Didn’t think I’d feel this / I can’t keep my hands off you / I know you want this / I want this / I’m sorry though / Don’t mind me / Cuz my mind’s in other places.” And then the killer line on the chorus: “We can never say goodbye / Cuz this love never dies.

Even if that's not the type of music I like to listen to, I can tell it sounds very profesional to me, I can listen to the whole song and enjoy it. The mix of both voices works nicely with the instrumental track. I think it's a great job.

I'm old enough to feel I wouldn't use the "grunge" word to define it, because it doesn't sound grunge at all. The hip hop part (from where you posted it), it's more clear to me, but not 100% hip hop neither. Actually it feels quite pop-ish (dark version of pop I guess).

You were the producer?

Archived