Your Ad Could Be Here

Library/stock music

Hi 🙂!  It's been a while.

Does anyone have experience with submitting music to stock-music sites?

I wrote a couple of things (link, might remove later) and sent them to PremiumBeat/Shutterstock first - might as well aim high, right?.  I got (what I assume is) the standard rejection email, and was thinking of trying AudioJungle next.

Is this a sensible plan?  Is there something else I should be trying?  How high is the bar for different sites?  Should I be submitting to more places, or putting more time into each piece?

Thanks!

Geraint

• 3 weeks later...

OK, no replies, but might as well document what's happening.

Of the three tracks, two got approved by AudioJungle, one rejected.  My plan is to write a few more, and then when I have enough rejected ones I'll try those on Pond5.

Some good news: even with AudioJungle-exclusive tracks, you can still release on Spotify/etc. as long as it's just the actual services, and not YouTube ContentID or other licensing deals.  I was worried that I'd lose ownership of the music in some way (which would have been the case for), but I feel better that I can still release it.

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, fasstrack said:

Ever think to join a credible royalty society such as Songwriter's Guild of America? They will hustle for you, especially if you join at the 'diamond' (catalog administration) level (I just did). They don't just collect royalties for you (while ASCAP sits on their lazy asses and let's not even bring up HFA), they will connect you to clients, not just stock libraries but film and commercial concerns and other opportunities we don't even KNOW about.

Plus, they RETURN CALLS! That counts for a LOT with me. A human being will be assigned to your account, almost like an agent. That middleman could save you a lot of legwork and aggravation.

Something to think about anyway, and good luck however you decide to go...

Nice post, I'm gonna look it up and see what genres they deal with.

Archived