Your Ad Could Be Here

What are you listening to in 2023?

What are you listening to in 2023?

It's a new year and the new thread.

This is the link to the older topic that is still available for viewing only. 

https://forums.songstuff.com/topic/47039-what-are-you-listening-to-at-the-moment/

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/18/2023 at 9:34 PM, jhanover said:

“ What Have I Been Doin’? “ Chris Farlowe, the giant catalog of Kishore Kumar, the equally and impressive catalog of Bajaga y Instruktori of Serbia, and the lesser known B sides of British 60’s and 70’s songs. The Eyedrops from Romania, and the early stuff from Omega of Hungary 1966 starting.

Great B-sides would be a good side road. I give you Dead End Job, the B-side to the Police's original release of Can't Stand Losing You - "Electrical supervisor required at the baths...":

• Like 2

Edited by Jim622
  • Like 1

I'm having a Moody Blues day

Moody Blues came from my home town, Birmingham UK

plus, Judas Priest, Black  Sabbath, Led Zeppelin , UB40, The Move, Wizzard, Duran Duran, Dexy's Midnight Runners. Wizzard, and many more.

Seen nearly all of them play live.

3 hours ago, Jac said:

I'm having a Moody Blues day

Moody Blues came from my home town, Birmingham UK

plus, Judas Priest, Black  Sabbath, Led Zeppelin , UB40, The Move, Wizzard, Duran Duran, Dexy's Midnight Runners. Wizzard, and many more.

Seen nearly all of them play live.

Birmingham has been a hub for so many rock bands. Black Sabbath, Slade, even Robert Plant and I think John Bonham came from around there. Was there not quite a few of the folk rock scene from around Birmingham?

Today I am having a Foo Fighters day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, john said:

Birmingham has been a hub for so many rock bands. Black Sabbath, Slade, even Robert Plant and I think John Bonham came from around there. Was there not quite a few of the folk rock scene from around Birmingham?

yes john Bonham lived very near to us. My husband went  fishing with his brother.

l went to school with the sister of one of the band members out of ' The Move'

In fact a lot of the big name bands lived very near to me and my husband in the 60's.

yes the folk scene was very big in the 60's in Moseley, 5 mins away from where l lived and worked. It still has a big folk following there.

Edited by Jac

1 hour ago, john said:

Foo fighters used A! to produce some tracks..only found that out today. A1 is big business now in music industry :(

Foreigner are one of my favorite bands. Iv never seen them play live yet, but l'v seen their tribute band many times. They are first class and l never miss their gig. This is one of my favorite songs, but l do find the lyrics sad.

Edited by Peggy
This video is not available

I would suggest The Baatar from Mongolia. They are a rich blend of classic Country and traditional ( no throat singing that I have found yet ) Mongolian folk music. Rediscovering the Rock N Roll from the former Yugoslavia. Azra, Idoli, Bajaga y Instruktori, and Psihomodo Pop.

A beautiful video from Baatar.

Edited by jhanover
  • Like 1

l saw Genesis live at Nec Birmingham 1984 when Phil and Chester played this..awesome.

My 17 yr old grandson just told me he's never heard of Genesis..nooooooo :(

Edited by Peggy
This video is not available

l have bad covid at moment,so been listening to kate bush' Aerial' album  all week, fantastic songwriter.

grandson sent me this link of a band iv not heard before, l quite like their music.

Edited by Jac

8 minutes ago, Jac said:

l have bad covid at moment,so been listening to kate bush' Ariel; album  all week, fantastic songwriter.

grandson sent me this link of a band iv not heard before, l quite like their music.

Get better soon Jac. Covid is a horrible illness. I was listening to Kick Inside last week. So many good songs. However today goes to Led Zeppelin’s Immigrant Song:

• Like 1

Get Radio Garden for your apps. It is a shortwave radio app. A Ska station in UK, Pink Unicorn all Metal station in Uzbekistan, Vladix 4 Serbia, Total Country Ichacore Ireland, plus Pidgin English in Nigeria, even Greenland has a good station. It’s how I found Yugoslavian Rock, Dutch Trucking music, and folk music from everywhere but lean towards Romanian on that. Check out the music alone, from Azra of Croatia very powerful stuff.

• Like 1

Can I quickly boast that I got a kiss off Kate Bush? I can't? OK then, I won't, but it happened after her gig in 1980 at Edinburgh's Usher Hall. We followed her coach (we did that a lot rather than wait at the stage door with a crowd for autographs) to a seafood restaurant. Her manager said she just wanted to eat after the gig and we said we were fine with that, we'd wait. So we waited for two hours in the cold. Eventually she came out, impressed that we'd withstood the cold. She asked the restaurant manager, "Can we get them some wine?" He clicked his fingers at staff. "We need glasses," she when the wine arrived. "You're in Scotland now," we said and drank from the bottle. Then she signed autographs, kissed us all and chatted about the gig. Sadly no camera but I didn't need photos or autographs to remember that night forever. And so, my #1 KB song, one of those songs you remember where you were the first time you heard it. It still gives me goosebumps:

• Like 4