Your Ad Could Be Here

What are you listening to in 2023?

Hold on,I'm Coming!! 

/
Lyrics
Just hold on, I'm comin'Hold on, I'm comin'
I'm on my way, your loverIf you get cold, yeah, I will be your coverDon't have to worry, 'cause I'm hereNo need to suffer, baby, 'cause I'm here
Just hold on, I'm comin'Hold on, I'm comin'Hold on, I'm comin'Hold on, I'm comin'
Reach out to me for satisfaction, yeahCall my name, yeah, for reactionYeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Now, don't you ever be sadLean on me, when the times are badWhen the day comes and you're down, babyIn a river of trouble and about to drown
Just hold on, I'm comin'Hold on, I'm comin'
Just hold on(Don't you worry)I'm comin'(Here we come)
Hold on(We're about to save you)I'm comin'(Yeah)
Just hold on(Don't you worry)I'm comin'(Here I come)

cracks me up that "folklore" was Issac Hays was pissy at David Porter about new lyrics for a song and
He responded with "Hold on, I'm Coming".. 
  • Like 1

Was due to see double bill of 2 tribute bands AC/DC and Thin Lizzy this Saturday , but still not well enough :( but hubby will still go. l saw AC/DC live  in 2009 in Birmingham , and hubby was here at this concert in Donnington 1991. There is no way you can stand still when they play.

Edited by Jac
  • Like 2

On 3/6/2023 at 10:39 AM, Jac said:

Was due to see double bill of 2 tribute bands AC/DC and Thin Lizzy this Saturday , but still not well enough :( but hubby will still go. l saw AC/DC live  in 2009 in Birmingham , and hubby was here at this concert in Donnington 1991. There is no way you can stand still when they play.

Another two I met back in the day with the "follow them after the gig" technique. Saw them both in the 70s a few times at the Glasgow Apollo. One time for ACDC we got a box. I had this old man rubber mask, which I put on while the house lights were up. Slowly, people in the stalls noticed and started cheering, so I waved like royalty. When the band came on I kept it on for the first number. Angus spotted it and pointed up at me. We followed them after the gig back to their hotel, where they signed my mask. So, a few weeks later some friends in Carlisle said they had an extra ticket. I went down and after the gig we waited for autographs. They remembered me as "the guy in Glasgow with the mask." It made my year.

Anyway, I noticed how often songs I strum to myself on the sofa have descending basslines, a great songwriting device, and here's one with it in the verse and chorus.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Glammerocity said:

Another two I met back in the day with the "follow them after the gig" technique. Saw them both in the 70s a few times at the Glasgow Apollo. One time for ACDC we got a box. I had this old man rubber mask, which I put on while the house lights were up. Slowly, people in the stalls noticed and started cheering, so I waved like royalty. When the band came on I kept it on for the first number. Angus spotted it and pointed up at me. We followed them after the gig back to their hotel, where they signed my mask. So, a few weeks later some friends in Carlisle said they had an extra ticket. I went down and after the gig we waited for autographs. They remembered me as "the guy in Glasgow with the mask." It made my year.

Anyway, I noticed how often songs I strum to myself on the sofa have descending basslines, a great songwriting device, and here's one with it in the verse and chorus.

lol. great memory to hold on to. Closet my hubby came to Angus was in Birmingham Odeon 1979 when Bon Scot used to carry Angus on his shoulders and walk around the crowds playing his guitar. For some unknown reason my hubby decided to throw his kid brother at them and caught hold of Angus's guitar !!  surffice to say the security guards were not happy !!!

Hubby only just related this to me this morning.. so out of character, l wonder what else he's never told me lol. Anyway, he's asked me to ask you ' which one did you prefer, Bon Scott or Brian Johnson' . Hubby always said Bon Scott was the best but l prefer Brian Johnson.

Edited by Jac
  • Like 1

Overheard a couple of words of a conversation while out and about.  "..Dirty Business"   Talk about a good hook.. the song came right back to me and it had been years since I heard it.  I had to crank it up when I got home.🔊🔊

• Like 1

On 3/8/2023 at 9:40 AM, Jac said:

lol. great memory to hold on to. Closet my hubby came to Angus was in Birmingham Odeon 1979 when Bon Scot used to carry Angus on his shoulders and walk around the crowds playing his guitar. For some unknown reason my hubby decided to throw his kid brother at them and caught hold of Angus's guitar !!  surffice to say the security guards were not happy !!!

Hubby only just related this to me this morning.. so out of character, l wonder what else he's never told me lol. Anyway, he's asked me to ask you ' which one did you prefer, Bon Scott or Brian Johnson' . Hubby always said Bon Scott was the best but l prefer Brian Johnson.

I was in the stalls a couple of times when Bon and Angus came down. I don't really have a pref between Bon and Brian. I was an early fan but the last album I bought was Back In Black, Brian's first. I was working in the Shetlands on an oil camp cleaning the accomodation blocks when it came out and ghetto blasters were just becoming popular. We'd all have them blasting out in a corridor and BIB was perfect for it. Some of their best songs are on that album but I'd say my fave album is Powerage.

Somebody told me about these guys, who are obviously very derivative but they do that ACDC thing very well:

• Like 1

Back to my youth with Blackfoot - Diary of a working man

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tom Scholtz's obsessive production created a whole new genre, loosely known as pomp rock. You didn't get handclaps with Deep Purple. At 16, I remember a party where somebody put the debut Boston album on and we all danced to the whole thing. It takes me right back to that summer.

Anybody with Rockman gear can thank Tom Scholtz, who created the company.

• Editors

I've really been digging this artist lately called "Bahamas", a Canadian singer-songwriter whose last album "Sad Hunk" which has been on loop. I found the song writing so very relatable as an indie musician who is fresh into his 30s. This is one of my favourites off that record. 

• Like 1

I have really eclectic tastes. I listen to everything from ambient to all out metal. The albums I've returned to again and again this year, though, are Sneaker Pimps Squaring the Circle and Steven Wilson's The Future Bites. Just good, clever pop. Also on heavy rotation is Nils Frahm's Music for Animals, which is ambient minimal. I love dark jazz and find that I listen to a LOT of Bohren and Der Club of Gore. For metal, Septicflesh gets played a lot. There is a guitarist named David Maxim Micic that completely blows my mind. I have a playlist dedicated to everything he's released.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I could listen to Sammy Rae sing anything.

• Noob

Not going to lie to you here, my music taste has not evolved in the past couple years... it's already chaotic enough. For now, my tastes are mostly these

as you can see, no one should be subjected to my liked list.

I just finished watching a documentary on Gordon Lightfoot.  I had forgotten what a truly great songwriter he is, and I've been listening to his stuff again.  In my opinion, this is still one of the best songs ever recorded.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Editors

I’ve been on Spotify discovery mode lately listening to some new music based on my tastes. Recently found this beautiful track after which I’m hoping to check out an album by this wonderful artist. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just reminiscing some of the 70s stuff

I loved it when Paul said ♥️🎸 'Take me down, Jimmy!'  ♥️🎸

Good to see Linda, too ♥️🎹

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2023 at 3:53 PM, Janeva said:

Just reminiscing some of the 70s stuff

Wings were banned twice by the BBC, four years before the Sex Pistols. First time was for their debut single, Give Ireland Back to the Irish, which EMI refuse to release, until Paul said he wouldn't record another note for them. They changed their minds. Second ban was for apparently encouraging drug use with this:

• Like 2