• Heavy
    • whatever
  2. 2. What shape?

• Pumpkin Seed
    • Standard
    • Triangular
    • whatever

• 1 month later...

Almost strictly Fender 351 style, either Fender or Planet Waves, Med to Heavy is my preferred. Better control than thinner pics, also changes the tone quality of an acoustic guitar somewhat.

• 3 weeks later...

Dunlop Jazz III. I almost want to leave my post at that as that is nearly all I use or will use. However, there are times that if I'm doing an acoustic rhythm track, I will use a lighter nylon pick because a hard pick doesn't always sound as nice for that. Unintentionally, in the past several years, I've moved more towards playing with my fingers. Somehow, the technique began to develop and progress naturally. I didn't make any real attempt in that direction, except maybe not wanting to get up and walk across the room to grab a pick. One of the great things about fingerstyle is the various different ways you can attack a note. It can add a lot to your lead playing. But yeah, Jim Dunlop Jazz III is simply the best pick ever.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dunlop tortex jazz 2's. I ruined myself to any other pick.

My favorite is one I made from an old credit card back in college. I still use it all the time. Not sure how long it will last though. I think the only reason I still have it is I took about an 12 year break from playing guitar. I will say though that I really like the feel of it. If you're ever bored, I'd suggest making one and trying it out.

Edited by just1l

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i like the dunlop jazz III's - they do an xl size which is a standard size pick, and that's the one i like. the point on them is just lovely. try them out if your into your more technical playing guys. 

• 1 month later...

Still going with homemade guitar picks cut out of old credit cards. I'd been using one I made years and years ago but I decided to cut a few more.

Standard shape medium picks are my go-to for acoustic guitar playing.  If I need a darker sound for a song or I will be playing faster licks/riffs, I will up it to heavy picks.  For electric, I use heavy picks almost exclusively.  Never got into the different shapes, though I've tried many.

• 1 month later...

I would vote but there is no option for none. I finger pick and use no picks or flat pick.

Ah Vaduman,

As an old machine shop miller, I recognise your condition as 'rusty fingers'. A few people have this problem. Bad luck for a guitarist though.

You play 4 hour gigs?

I never played longer than 3 hrs.

these days its 2 hrs tops!

What sort of gigs do you do?

• 5 months later...