Your Ad Could Be Here

I'm Ty, which you might have surmised already...

I've been writing songs for thirty-one years now (time flies when you're having fun).  Have had some minor brushes with success - a record and publishing deal, some radio play - and also consider myself a student of the craft and of the music biz itself.  I'm also a veteran radio broadcaster, and in 2011 was fortunate enough to combine my loves with a radio show that aired on the American Forces Radio Network, featuring interviews with #1 Country songwriters.  It was so much a labor of love that I transcribed the entire interviews into a book called "Nashville Songsmiths - In-Depth Interviews with #1 Country Songwriters."  I know.  Catchy title.  You can hear clips of my interviews with all of my subjects on YouTube.  Just search Nashville Songsmiths.  But of course I'm not just here for shameless self-promotion.  I've always loved talking about songwriting - the creative process, the struggles and challenges of trying to simply be heard.  And from what I've seen so far, I think I've come to the right place.

Hey Ty

Good back story. Welcome to Songstuff. :)

Cheers

John

PS You can add a link to your YouTube Channel and your own music artist page to your forum signature :)

Welcome Ty,

Good advice, stick to your guns, trust your instincts.  I think we are all guilty of second guessing, some people call it being stubborn.  Nice to know by the recording artist what it was that they really liked about it and the reason they chose the song.

best regards

jdh

Archived