Your Ad Could Be Here

Challenge #14 It's All About The Hook (Almost)

No Lisa,

We are the best!!!!!

Mate, I can't say you sing like Supertramp, baaaaaaaaaat not faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar short!

• Like 1

Hey all, I'm insanely new to this website but am already really hyped about being a part of it. Any advice for a newcomer such as myself? How do you all know each other, and get together to write music? I think I have a lot to offer so if anyone wants to take the to initiate me I'd really appreciate it.

Hi Garrett,

The best way is to contribute to the site. Visit the lyrics critique and song critique forums and offer your thoughts. I know you've done this already, earlier I agreed with everything you said! We usually operate on a critique x 2 and post x 1 ratio, but nobody is really counting. The best way to get known though is through offering honest, supportive critique, while still telling writers what you think they need to know. Nobody want's false praise here, and nobody trolls twice! 

There is a private message system on the site and we all communiciate via that, though you may see some people in the chat room now and then. You can start a blog if you like too, but don't copy those who post their lyrics or songs their for critique. The forums are for that, blogs are for blogging. Read a few and you'll get the idea.

There is also a wealth of information in the resource library, and I refer to it all the time, and I think everyone should, often. 

This particular group has been active now for 3 months and we are on our 13th challenge I think, though we do have another member who only joined a few weeks ago. Make sure you indicate where you are so we can determine what time zone you are in, it helps a lot when trying to collaborate.

Have fun and learn lots, I do, and have!

Kel

Dreamer nothing but a dreamer la la la lala la

Hee hee hee

Les, you are in soooooo much trouble! I HATE supertramp! ok well, not really but I hate that their stupid repatative songs get stuck in my head. Thanks for that. Now I'll be singing that all day. da da da dum!

Hey all, I'm insanely new to this website but am already really hyped about being a part of it. Any advice for a newcomer such as myself? How do you all know each other, and get together to write music? I think I have a lot to offer so if anyone wants to take the to initiate me I'd really appreciate it.

Hello Garrett! So glad your reaching out and wanting to participate. I think Kel has started you off in the right direction. Were you looking to start with our group here? I think its great!

Lisa

Garrett,

Can you show me the way out pal? 

(These folks is crazy!) :crying:

I thought you liked it that way! :eek:

Everybody I know,

Thinks that I'm cra-a-zy

:001_tt2:

I like you guys :P

That's good. We like us too!

:jumping13:

This is the psychiatric forum for deprived song writers isn't it?. I see you all have been

very baaaaaaaaaaaad.  Lisa's song Crazy has taken on a life of it's own and

infected everyone writing on here. Once you're on the forum, there is no way out. Be

forewarned Garrett, you'll become like us.

Crazy,

Crazy like us,  you'll be crazy

Your mind will be confused and hazy

Crazy,

Crazy like us, you'll be crazy

Goldy  :oops:  :no:  :noise:  :nono:  

Edited by goldylocks

This is the psychiatric forum for deprived writers isn't it?. I see you all have been very

baaaaaaaaaaaad. I see Lisa's song Crazy has taken on a life of it's own and infected

everyone writing on here. Once you're on the forum, there is no way out. Be forewarned

Garrett, you'll become like us.

Crazy,

Crazy like us,  you'll become crazy

Your mind will become confused and hazy

Crazy,

Crazy like us, you'll become crazy

Goldy  :oops:  :no:  :noise:  :nono:  

I agree Goldy, they're coming to take us away... ha ha ho ho hee hee

Away,

Away from all this pain and all this agony

Away

Away to someplace cool and warm and full of mystery

Away

Lord take me away, today!

Ummm you guys are infectious!

I agree Goldy, they're coming to take us away... ha ha ho ho hee hee

Just look at my name, I think I'm Goldylocks! What did I tell you? We're crazy!

Goldy :jumping13:  :jumping25:  :jumping38:

Edited by goldylocks

Just look at my name, I think I'm Goldylocks! What did I tell you? We're crazy!

Goldy :jumping13:  :jumping25:  :jumping38:

I love us! I think crazy is the new normal.

bwaaa ha ha ha!

I love us! I think crazy is the new normal.

bwaaa ha ha ha!

Tell that to the Pharmaceutical Industry, I'm sure they disagree with you. And probably would bug your computerto dispense a  psychotropic invisible drug mist when you turn it on. Lol,

I think I'm Goldylocks   :jumping13:   :luxhello:   :helpsmilie:

Edited by goldylocks

Tell that to the Pharmaceutical Industry, I'm sure they disagree with you. And probably would bug your computerto dispense a  psychotropic invisible drug mist when you turn it on. Lol,

I think I'm Goldylocks   :jumping13:   :luxhello:   :helpsmilie:

Goldy, now you're just giving "them" ideas of drug mists to invent! are you crazy?! don't give them any ideas!!!

oh yeah we are crazy...

and you think your Goldylocks...(if you don't have blonde curly hair I'll be wondering about your knowledge of psycho drugs...) lol

have a good night!

It's the unfettered, and positively nurtured, and defintootly unhinged creativity that's to blame.

Not me.

I do only good things. :)

On that note I am looking forwards to the lyrics for this week's challenge! I'm also looking forward to hearing the finished songs:)