Your Ad Could Be Here

Chat Chat Chat Chat Chat

john

I've like a lot of his stuff! I like the big long free YT shows especially :) May as well film and upload them yourself, before some schmuck with a wobbly cellphone does, who feels like he needs to yell and narrate all over it ;) 

I've often wondered what Jimi would actually play now, technology being what it is.........I doubt it would be a beat up strat in a Marshall stack :)  oh don't forget you can't play like Jimi unless your cords are coiled and you have a headband :) 

15 hours ago, John W Selleck said:

No Sahara dust here, but typhoon season only a couple of months away. I'll be moving, as soon as I can, from one place in "Typhoon Alley" to the next one in line,

If you're lucky maybe you can hit the same storm twice :) 

4 hours ago, Patchez said:

Anyway, credit where due... Jimi Hendrix, -- lead the way and the band followed in Note... and so we hear (in this above video, this framing for trio w/keys),
  ----  a foundational JH framing of a song.

Yup he could play, but there is something to be said for the sweet sound of a clean electric guitar, IE:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John W Selleck said:

Yup he could play, but there is something to be said for the sweet sound of a clean electric guitar, IE:

Yeah he was a pioneer........some awful pretty gretsch's in that video :) I've seen that before, definitely worth a watch. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Patchez said:

Awe krappe, I thought that was a Diet, the Atkins Diet? no... wow; -- it's music!  O M G!  :) Kidding, kidding...

Here Chet is Shredding... so, yeah, clean has it's place ;) 

https://youtu.be/3jwTD89Ry28?t=35

Yes, there's making money, and then there's some plain old good playing... (like when I ref e.g., the beatles... can't stand any "hits", but the other I like :) ) 

Now anyway, take Chet in my little link and on his second track in that video, add an octavia, double wompup fuzz box and 20 cymbal drum kit, and vwah hah, hair band music! :)  

The last of the three, add a crisp slap back, and you got guns and roses, -- roots of rock n roll right there :) well, maybe not. But, if ever looking for a great solo, there you go. 

-- I'll be Bach ;) 

That little thin bodied nylon is nice too.....at least plugged in, probaly sounds like crap if not hahah

Somebody needs to teach him some technique though.......look at that wandering thumb, it's not where it should be :) 

2 hours ago, Patchez said:

Yes, there's making money, and then there's some plain old good playing... (like when I ref e.g., the beatles... can't stand any "hits", but the other I like :) ) 

There's making money, and then there's playing because you love it so much nothing else would make you happy. That was Chet. Nice video there. Lots of people don't know it but many great guitarists either studied at his feet ot from his videos, including some of the greatest rock guitarists of all time. 2 more for your pleasure, and 1 more just because...:

@John W Selleck, thanks for posting the vids, enjoyed them.

I was always enamored with the flat pickers, cross pickers and such (Doc and Merle Watson, Charles Sawtelle, and George Shuffler).

Glen Campbell was a hella good guitarist, if I remember correctly he was part of the west coast studio musicians known as the wrecking crew.

Took me forty years to figure out why I have so much trouble playing guitar well, the darn thing has five strings too many for me.😖

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Danidog well here ya go ;) 

Love his pickups too :) ....... He uses wire from old steel belted tires for his string

His "slide" starts full.....this video must of started late in his set :) 

Edited by Cody
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, John W Selleck said:

And for the guitar lovers, if pretty is as pretty does, here is one pretty guitar; 🤣

That guitar is a luthiers dream/nightmare :)   Pretty gross, but I just want to smell the thing, can only imagine the things its seen and soaked up hahahah

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Danidog said:

@John W Selleck, thanks for posting the vids, enjoyed them.

I was always enamored with the flat pickers, cross pickers and such (Doc and Merle Watson, Charles Sawtelle, and George Shuffler).

Glen Campbell was a hella good guitarist, if I remember correctly he was part of the west coast studio musicians known as the wrecking crew.

Took me forty years to figure out why I have so much trouble playing guitar well, the darn thing has five strings too many for me.😖

You're quite welcome. I love music, all kinds, and played on all kinds of instruments. On one of my visits to China I got to sit and hear this 8 year old boy playing an instrument that would give you nightmares. It had way too many strings to count. But at 8 he was a virtuoso. And yes, Glenn could definitely pick a little.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Cody said:

That guitar is a luthiers dream/nightmare :)   Pretty gross, but I just want to smell the thing, can only imagine the things its seen and soaked up hahahah

I gul-dern gurantee you could grind up de bits put em in a bong and stay high for life!!!

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, John W Selleck said:

think you all may enjoy thissun:

That's great! and that's where its at.....good guy!

I loved how they turned him all the way down thinking oh this kid ain't gonna be able to play hahahah, he instantly goes to the amp and cranks it.....not that kids first time with a band ;) 

Edited by Cody
  • Like 2