Your Ad Could Be Here

Greetings

edwilso

• Noob

Hi, I've just joined songstuff and I'd like to introduce myself. I picked up a guitar for more or less the first time about 3 years ago when I was injured and spending a lot of time sitting at home. I've always written poetry, stories etc. but switched to trying song lyrics to complement what I was trying with the guitar. I'm hampered in my playing by age, arthritis and lack of natural abilty but I like to give things a go.

So, initially I'll probably post a few sets of lyrics for feedback but later I'll pluck up courage and put a few chords to my contributions. I hope that's ok for this forum.

Ed

• Like 1

Hi Ed,

Of course it's ok to gradually grow here at Songstuff. Everyone at their own pace and level. It's fun that way! You have to give critique too which allows you to grow in ways you'd never imagine.

Lovely to meet you and can't wait to see your poetry and/or lyrics. We have a poetry corner as well as lyrics.

let me know if you have any questions!
Lisa

Hi Ed, I read your ballad. really nice. so I have two suggestions:

1 ALWAYS put your name and date on your work (even if it is "in process") The music business is full of scoundrels with no qualms of stealing someone else's work. If your name and date are on the piece then it is harder to steal. There are some great articles here about copyrighting your pieces.

2. Are you ready to post this where you can get some feedback from the community here? We have some really talented people here that could give you some ideas to make any of your lyrics better than you imagined. I would start a post in the lyric critique section. You HAVE to critique two other's work as well to make this fair. and as i said before it helps you grow too. You should copy and paste your lyrics right into the post instead of attaching the doc.

My goal when I came here was to put my lyrics out and get critiqued and grow so I could write songs for famous people. A girl can dream right?!! It is amazing to me though the more you work on a goal and have it on your mind always how things fall into place. No matter how small, I've made steps in the right direction and hope this for you too!

All the best,

Lisa