Your Ad Could Be Here

LOL I understand that the use of "curse/cursed/"cursing" in The Bible is referring to actual events or "afflictions" as I stated earlier. My point was to demonstrate that God is ALL things, and I'm not gonna put it past Almighty God to use whatever language he wants, whenever he wants. I mean for all we know God talks like a straight up Gangster once you get to know him LOL I think the disconnect we are having is with true "cursing" and "curse words". The bible says that we shouldnt take the Lords name in vein which would mean that we shouldn't swear upon Him, His creation or Yourself. It says nothing about common dirty words. I believe all of that was added sometime around the Establishment of the English Church in the 1100s as a way to socially steer their members. Many "cuss" words were actually words that "savage" people were using prior to being converted to Christianity by the aggressively expanding church. So the f bomb is completely interchangeable with "fornication" or "copulation" but becuase the church was trying to stomp out other cultures by discarding their language 900 years ago, most people think it's bad to say it. They're just words and they mean what they mean, civilized or not. Any other understanding of this subject is, in my humble opinion, skybalon. LOL

And like I said, there is absolutely no sexual connotation with my use of the f word; im using it as an exclamation of anger/shock/suprise or disappointment, not a verb. I'm all for keeping sex sacred.

Biblical and language arguements aside, I will continue to consider what you've said and maybe come up with another version, like a 'Radio Edit', that cleverly excludes the cursing. We'll see what I can come up with.

Thanks again for your comments and discussion.

Good Day To You.

Well, if nothing else, I am getting a kick out of this conversation!  Lol.  You must realize that I agree with you on not putting God in our safe and comfortable little box.   I don't know about the church culture cuss word thing.  I'm not well read on that sort of thing--only the Bible and maybe a few church related facts here and there.  I am aware of some church history.  Its not all beautiful.  Then again, neither is Israel's history.  Eh, He knows what we are, loves us anyway and He's got a plan to take care of us messed up folk. 

I have zero familiarity with the rap/hip-hop culture up close to know what is common and amenable to them or even to what the communities are drawn to.  I know of a rap/hip-hop artist online who performs songs with Christian messages, but my listening of it (rap/hip-hop) is rare.  Its a personal taste sort of thing.  I do see it as a fantastic vehicle to get very detailed in messages in a way that isn't always possible in other genres.  It's certainly refreshing to see lyrics in that genre that not of a violent nature, so if you are in that culture and know that that is a mix that is expected and acceptable to that culture, well... you would know better than I would.  I do think your plan to do a toned-down version is a good idea.  That will have a further reach than just the core rap/hip hop community, because like it or not, using that sort of language is going to come across differently outside the core rap/hip-hop culture.  

Hey, I appreciate your consideration of my comments.  Keep being real....

Thank you ALL for the constructive criticism, I've really tried to listen to whats been said and adjust accordingly...

Looking at it now, I can definitely say you guys have helped me make this piece truly ALLMIGHTY. ✌️

Archived