Your Ad Could Be Here

i need help getting songs plugged

• Noob

hi there!

I came here to ask for some advice on how to get my songs cut by another artist or band? I've tried contacting managers and publicists via phone and email with no luck, but i was wondering if there are any other ways. I've tried looking for song pluggers, who's job is to pitch songs to artists and agencies, but nothing has showed up online except for sketchy websites :( If anyone has any other ways to get songs cut or can recommend a song plugger, I would be extremely grateful :) 

I have no idea about this topic, but maybe @john know something about this? I had no idea that such a thing even existed!

I will see if I can dig out a list for you. We have pluggers in our contact database, but that is not available to members yet.

That aside it depends on the plugger, some are more traditional, spending most of their time servicing the needs of publishers, while there are some new kids on the block targeting indie artists. In that case they are sites/companies offering publishing services to indies, so sometimes plugging comes as part of a package deal.

When you say you tried to contact managers and bands by phone and email but no luck, what happened? How did you target them? Did you get any response at all? I'd be interested in exploring what you did and how, what replies you recieved, and what you consider "no luck". Sometimes the issue is what we ourselves are doing, how we present ourselves or our music, what our stated expectation is etc.

Also, did you go straight in with a pitch in your first email?

@Ryan Aotani try to find something in common first, never hard sell, and be patient sometimes it takes several interactions. 

• Noob
10 hours ago, john said:

I will see if I can dig out a list for you. We have pluggers in our contact database, but that is not available to members yet.

That aside it depends on the plugger, some are more traditional, spending most of their time servicing the needs of publishers, while there are some new kids on the block targeting indie artists. In that case they are sites/companies offering publishing services to indies, so sometimes plugging comes as part of a package deal.

When you say you tried to contact managers and bands by phone and email but no luck, what happened? How did you target them? Did you get any response at all? I'd be interested in exploring what you did and how, what replies you recieved, and what you consider "no luck". Sometimes the issue is what we ourselves are doing, how we present ourselves or our music, what our stated expectation is etc.

Also, did you go straight in with a pitch in your first email?

Apologies for such a late reply, I would call and email managers/agents of singers asking them if they would be interested. Most times I was told no and the few times I did get listens it was rejected for not being a good fit for the artist.

Archived