Your Ad Could Be Here

Do You Love Or Hate Your Voice?

Your voice  

31 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about your singing voice?

• I love my voice!
    • I like my voice, but it could improve
    • I have mixed feelings about my voice
    • I don't like my voice, but it's the voice I've got
    • I hate my voice!

Well, I am in the 'i wish I had been someone who always sang' cause then at least it would feel natural, but now, although I reckon I could sing if I practised, it's so weird to do it (other than when shouting along at live gigs or loud cds of course) i'm not sure I'll ever really learn... And I REALLY hate hearing my voice as others hear it... I have recently got hold of a camera phone with semi decent video, and I've been hearing myself more than usual recently and I don;t like it!

It's a shame I'm a rhythm guitarist at heart really, cause it's so much more useful to be rhythm/vocals than just rhythm, hey-ho...

Rohan

• 2 months later...

I don't really like my voice much buuuut. I have just started singing and have ZERO idea when it comes to pitch. I'm so all over the place its not even funny. So I like to think of my voice as underconstruction. The more i've listened to it the more i've accepted it. One day I'll get a recording up so you can all hear my mediocrity. :)

Cheers,

Timothy

After recently listening to my voice on a digital camera recording, I'm seriously starting to hate myself. :[ My voice sounds very deep and gravelly, can't really describe it. Sounded dull and lifeless to me when I heard myself sing, yet my friend said that I sounded really good. I was almost going to cry.. Left his house in a fit of frustrated anger. :s I'm not even sure if I ever want to sing again..

I have perfect pitch and all that, but it means nothing if my voice is too deep and nerdy-sounding to have any energy.

Edited by Spyder

• 3 months later...

Absolutely loath my voice, but love singing. God playing sick games with me.

Wanna be a lead singer in my band, suck at singing. There's life for ya.

Absolutely loath my voice, but love singing. God playing sick games with me.

Wanna be a lead singer in my band, suck at singing. There's life for ya.

Me too! Always wanted to sing. But never quite felt right. I did used to sings a couple of songs in most bands I was in. Just to give the lead vocalist a rest now and then! But I was never a confident singer! Now, I couldn't give a rats ass! I'm looking forward to the Songstuff meet up so I can get up and piss everybody off with my vocal ineptitude! :)

• 4 weeks later...

i love my voice most of the time. However i seem to suffer from a build up in my throat every so often that affects my singing voice. When my throat is clear i can sing rather well however when my throat feels no good i can hardly sing and its really annoying me. I have no idea whats wrong with my voice, the doctor said its just a cold but i think it happens to often to be a cold. I also sing like other artists very well, like i can do johnny cash and some of led zeppelins songs, david bowie and a few others but i dont really have my own singing voice because when i sing someone elses song to me half of getting it right is sounding like them. And when i right my own songs i usually select a singiner closest to what im wanting it to sound like and sing it as though they where singing it.

Edited by SamuelGabriel83

• 1 month later...

The voice in the head is the real frustrating thing. I often write songs which in my head sound fantastic but I just can´t get that sound to come out my mouth. No range, can´t get the right key. >:(

The really sad thing is, because I can´t write music, how do I get someone else with a better voice to sing my songs if I can´t demonstrate how it should sound. Most frustating.

I love to sing but hate to hear my voice. Once I was listening to a song on my mp3 player with headphones and I turned up the volume so much I couldn't even hear my own voice. So I could still sing without hearing my terrible voice :)

~TIMOTHY~

The voice in the head is the real frustrating thing. I often write songs which in my head sound fantastic but I just can´t get that sound to come out my mouth. No range, can´t get the right key. angry.gif

The really sad thing is, because I can´t write music, how do I get someone else with a better voice to sing my songs if I can´t demonstrate how it should sound. Most frustating.

we are brothers for this matter.....

i am also having the same problem......

The voice in the head is the real frustrating thing. I often write songs which in my head sound fantastic but I just can´t get that sound to come out my mouth. No range, can´t get the right key. >:(

Ditto, that's exactly like me. I can write music and I can write lyrics but I can't write music for the lyrics ??? It's really frustrating and I have melodies for the songs in my head but I can't sing the sound i'm wanting. But the one thing that I keep hoping for is that when i'm older i'll have a good voice. After all i'm only 13 it's understandable why my voice is terrible :P

~TIMOTHY~

After all i'm only 13 it's understandable why my voice is terrible :P

oh thats because of hormonal changed......but soon you'll get a brand new voice with a difference....

and possibly more sweet then what you have right now....

Regards, Prayag

Hearing my own voice makes me cringe. Having said that, I love to sing .. weird, that isn't it.

Sounds perfectly normal to me.

You can't judge your own voice properly unless its from a recording, anyway. All the cavities, and bone reverberations change the sound a LOT, so you can sound 'better' or 'worse' than on tape, according to yourself. But what you hear yourself doing 'live', only *you* hear as such, noone else.

I don't have a really really bad singing voice, but I don't particulary like it myself, I do have a pretty versatile reach tho, and can do pretty crazy sounds, so I think I will limit myself to voice-acting stuff for animations, where I can at least put it to work. Or maybe a Rammstein cover :)

• 1 month later...